Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bryan94
  • 1 Post By FourOhSeven!

Thread: Will the human race ever get it together?!

Default Will the human race ever get it together?!

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    I'm just saying is it really impossible for everyone to be accepting of one another no matter their religion, sexual orientation, race, and other differences?

Ugh, I don't know what I'm saying actually, of course it's impossible. I bet it's like rolling a dice with 100 faces and everyone lands on number 67 or something.

I just...don't know why we're trying to go to mars or to the moon. Why the heck are we trying to save this planet from global warming or other disasters when we can't even live with each other? Isn't that just kind of fucked up? We want the human race to continue so we can continue being assfucks to each other, or what?

I think the earth is gonna be fine. It's gonna be dandy long from now. Even dandier when the humans obliterate one another until there's none left.

• Advertising

Default Re: Will the human race ever get it together?!

I doubt the human race will be destroyed anytime soon by its own doing.

I don't think the human race will every be perfect. There will always be judgmental people and discrimination. There are many good people out there though that will not let the human race destroy itself (at least through social matters).
    Le-Bisousnours likes this.

(Roman Zolanski)
    Seek Bromance. Member FourOhSeven!'s Avatar

We have it way​ better than those who have come before us, so in a way we do have our shit together. Kinda sorta.
    madgeisgod likes this.
    DJ, easy my fucking mind.

(Gary Alexander King)
    Gary The Guru Member Gary_The_Guru's Avatar

Just watch Star Trek or TNG. HOPE FOR THE FUTURE!
    Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
    Religious Beliefs: Atheist
    Other: Just Plain AWESOME
    "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan
    Mad Ninja Skills......I Have Em

(Elliot Bastiani)
    The Cuddly Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bryan94 View Post
    I don't think the human race will every be perfect. There will always be judgmental people and discrimination. There are many good people out there though that will not let the human race destroy itself (at least through social matters).
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint* View Post
    We have it way​ better than those who have come before us, so in a way we do have our shit together. Kinda sorta.
    Yeah, I have to agree with the above comments

(Leo)
    Wing Commander Member FlyingKiwi's Avatar
    My Diary
    ( 1 )

Quote Originally Posted by Canine View Post
    I'm just saying is it really impossible for everyone to be accepting of one another no matter their religion, sexual orientation, race, and other differences?
    I imagine eventually discrimination against those particular things may die out (possibly not religion since that's ever-changing) but by that stage there will be other things to discriminate about.

On the other hand, as unfortunate as it is, a large number of rather useful and beneficial developments have their origins in attempts at finding new and original ways of killing each other.
    Countries and Cultures Moderator

Visit the Anthropology & Geography diary - new faces always welcome!

(Brandon)

I don't foresee the human race "getting it together." At least not anytime soon. A lot of that is owed to the power structure and the atomization of society.

Humanity is heading towards a cliff, as Chomsky puts it. No one wants to take the climate issue seriously. Well, besides the people who exercise zero power over the legislative process.

The social issues are deep and complex, to be sure. I endure the endless grief of knowing that I will never be accepted by some of the people whom I love. On top of that, we're constantly inundated with asshattery from clueless and or cynical politicians. I am thankful for the equal rights that I enjoy in Canada, but there is much work to be done here and around the world.

I have a love/hate relationship with human nature, but I deeply care for humans. I could be a narcissistic asshole who goes out of his way to treat everyone around him like trash as a way of rejecting the world, but instead I've chosen to go in the opposite direction. You can find strength and faith in your community, but you have to be willing to tolerate and work with the complexities.

So, although I feel that the human race isn't heading in all of the right directions, I don't use that as an excuse to resign myself. Not at all. In fact, I'm just getting started in my community.

"Don't confront me with my failures.
    I have not forgotten them."