Banned
    where the polar bears and the caribou play

Default why did my kitten have to die?

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    Last month I adopted a kitten. It was a boy, all black, with green eyes. I just loved him and I was so happy. But then all of sudden, he got sick. Really sick. It just popped up out of nowhere, he was perfectly fine, then it just hit like a ton of bricks. You could tell something wasn't right with him, there was something very very wrong. I was panicked and I told my Dad and we took him down to the animal hospital.

The doctor said it was feline leukemia virus, it's a lot like a cat version of AIDS. She said his mother probably passed it on to him before he was even born. The virus had already reached his bones, so at that point there was really nothing they could do to help him. So we got some medication in case there was some small chance he would pull through. I wasn't expecting at all, and I bawled like a wuss the whole way home because I didn't want to believe that it was true.

Luck wasn't smiling on us and the stuff didn't work. Everyday he just kept getting more sick, and he was suffering so much, and there was nothing I could do to make it better. His immune system was shot and there wasn't any hope. I could feel my heart breaking.

Then I got up around 1 on Saturday morning because I couldn't sleep, I found him lying in the middle of the floor in the living room completely still. For a moment I thought he was dead but I could still see him breathing a little, and when I touched him his whole body twitched like he was having a seizure. And for three and a half hours, I was on the couch cradling him and holding him like a baby. He was only about three months old, still so small. I kept petting him and trying to keep him warm with my shirt. Every once in a while his whole body would shudder, and sometimes he opened his eyes a little, but aside from that he did not move. And I didn't let go of him or move from that spot until he died.

He went cold, and he wasn't breathing anymore, so I knew he was gone. I wrapped him in a blanket and set him down on the table in front of the bay window in the living room and then I just sobbed and cried like a sissy for what seemed like a goddamn eternity. Dad got up around 6, I was trying not to be too loud but I guess he heard me anyway because he came downstairs and asked what was wrong. When I told him what happened the first thing he said was "Are you sure?" He went and over to the window and checked but he only confirmed what I already knew.

So at the crack of dawn I went out in my pajamas, got a spade out of the shed, and I brought my hapless friend to a shady spot in the back yard and started digging a hole. His body was stiff as a board, which was only further proof that he was dead. Dad and my older brother offered to help with the job but I insisted on doing it myself. I had to go back to the shed to get the clippers because there were a lot of tree roots in the way. Then when I was satisfied that the hole was deep enough, I put him down and filled it in with the dirt. Which was by far the worst part of it.

It's not the first time I had to bury a pet, but it was immensely painful all the same.

I put the dirty spade and clippers back in the shed and walked back to the house. I was covered in wet mud but didnt really care. As soon as I got inside and I completely broke down in front of everyone while they were all sitting around the table having breakfast.

I have no human friends, so the animals are all I got, and I love them with every particle of my being. I suppose it's that it's a good thing he died sooner rather than later because he was suffering so much. But why him? Why did it have to be my cat? Why did such an innocent creature have to get sick and die that way? It's not fair. Damnit, it's not friggin fair.

• Advertising

(Dara)
    My Diary
    ( 1 )

Default Re: why did my kitten have to die?

A similar thing happened with me with my cat a couple years ago. He was already getting old, he was going to be 17, but was very healthy and only on one medication. Except until the cancer came. It was the grossest thing possible. An eye tumor, and in a matter of weeks his eye was disgusting and covered in shit. We took him to the vet; he had only a month or so to live. We put him to sleep right then.

I can imagine the pain you're going through. I was not too close with the cat, but once he's gone I realized i really loved him. I'm incredibly sorry; we just never know what we've got, until it's gone.
    please wear the face, the one where you smile;
    because it'll lighten up my heart when i start to cry.

(Cid)
    Something or other, idk Member Deceptive's Avatar

Aw, I totally understand. We found a kitty where I used to live and had him for awhile. One day he came from the outside sick, and we didn't know what it was. On the second day, he was miserable and crying in pain. We stayed with him until he died. I cried.

It really sucks when pets we really love die.

I'm not telling you to replace your kitty, but you can get another one when time passes by. Not every kitty dies so painfully and woefully.

(Jessica)

Mostly the same thing happened to me, was the same thing that happened to Shorty.
    My old cat, Morris, died in 2007. He was fine and all, until he started puking up white stuff.
    We never knew he was really sick until my mom brought him to the vet.
    He had a Tumor in his lower body and it was too late to get it out. He had cancer, and liver dieses [i cant spell] and on top of that, Cat diabetes.

We had to put him down that day, and I was there when they did. Me and my best friend cried together because both of us were close to my cat, I had him since I was a little girl. The vet told us that it was genetics, because his mother had a tumor and died of that also. So was the liver diease.
    We cried so hard, that we even made my dad [who doesnt cry] and the nurse and the vet cry.

God just has a time for everyone, even for pets.
    See that, your internet just got its ass kicked.

Haha, i'd laugh if your computer goes really slow now..

My Diary
    ( 1 )

This thread is so sad.

(Carlos)

It's okay. I'm pretty sure that animals go to heaven to or somewhere of the same manner. Just remember the memories of when he was alive and healthy and not sick and dying. This reminds me of the time my bird died. I know it's not the same as a cat but it still hurts when you have to burry the body.

Im so sorry you lost your friend

We get so attached to them and when they go its HARDER than someone else might think!

God bless

(Scar Veteran of Xilixi)
    England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Segmentum Solar

I appreciate how you guys want to help, but the thread is over a month old and I doubt he wants to be reminded of something that has caused him great sadness by seeing it on the front page of the forum.

I'm really sorry to hear about this. In March, I had to put down my cat who I'd had since I was 7 years old. It was like losing a part of me that I'll never get back, especially because she loved me more than anyone else - in fact she hated most other people. All I can say is it gets easier, but it doesn't go away. Just remember her in the good times.

I can relate, one of my cats who I had for years and loved very much disappeared in November of last year and I haven't seen him sense

Nas

Even though this is an old thread, sorry for the loss of your cat.
    Quote Originally Posted by flyboy2112
    you might as well have posted a picture of goatse. It might have had more substance.
    Quote Originally Posted by James
    I like the pink.

Thread Information