Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    (Rob)

Default i hate it when ppl use the word gay to describe something that is not homosexual

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    Like i hate it when ppl use gay in place of the word stupid. It makes no sense at all. And i hate it when ppl insult artsy guys by saying that they r gay just because they are artsy

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=12910168685

• Advertising

Default Re: i hate it when ppl use the word gay to describe something that is not homosexual

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyredsnow View Post
    Like i hate it when ppl use gay in place of the word stupid. It makes no sense at all. And i hate it when ppl insult artsy guys by saying that they r gay just because they are artsy

You see, I use it because Im so NOT anti gay, that me saying something is " Gay " or " totally homosexual " is really funny, because Im completely against homophobia in every sense. I have random rants about it quite often actually.

So me and a few friends say it, but most of them are bi or gay anyway so I dont see the harm if they have that sexual orientation and also find it funny.

I never EVER use it in a serious manner or in front of people I dont know very well.

(Dawn)

Default Re: i hate it when ppl use the word gay to describe something that is not homosexual

Well homosexuals kind of hi-jacked the term themselves, it's only been in recent years that it has been used to describe sexual orientation.
    Most dictionaries don't even have this definition- they say it means "a cheerful mood or something brightly colored".

(Sam)

Soon gay won't mean homosexual, just like retard was used out of place so muhc that retards are now just called metally ill.

(Edd)

I always use the words 'gay', 'homo' or 'homosexual' to describe things or people

It's funny
    ~~~

(Chris)
    Ginger Wizard Member Mr. Scientist's Avatar
    My Diary
    ( 1 )
    Album
    Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Lord View Post
    I always use the words 'gay', 'homo' or 'homosexual' to describe things or people

It's funny
    Technically it's an insult though.
    Former Philosophy and Debate/Arts and Entertainment Moderator

Come visit my diary, The Life of a Bisexual Teen!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyredsnow View Post

What do you call artsy?

I'm an art/music kinda guy but I still can play sports etc..

I don't speak with a lisp and attempt to dress/sound gay.

I try to replace the word gay with lame but I'll admit, I use it on occasion.

Art and music are for the purpose of getting girls.. and looking at the finer points of life. What makes that gay?

If you're "artsy" you probably go that extra mile to seem gay with choices of clothing.. choices of speech/words.

It's not the fact that you're "artsy" that makes you seem gay.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_a_Scientist View Post
    Technically it's an insult though.
    Sure, technically it is an insult to gay people. But taking it as an insult is almost using a view on life that everyone's out to get you

I feel that most people who take it as an insult, choose to take it that way just because they can.

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=12910168685
    Does the ignorance of the non-artistic world just make you want to scream?
    Ah, the group seems to be geared towards "artistes".

I'd join, but I'm obviously too much of a pleb.

(Ewan)

hahahah my brother just used gay in that word

(.)
    Banned

I use any word any damn way i want, if you take offence well go bugger yourself stupid and stop being so anal.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I use any word any damn way i want, if you take offence well go bugger yourself stupid and stop being so anal.
    Amen, my nigger.
    SOMECOMMUNITIES: A Forum Community

"I believe that in 1978 God changed his mind about black people!
    You can be a Mormon, a Mormon who just
    believes!" -- Kevin Price

"Joseph Smith, don't fuck the baby. I'll get rid of your AIDS if you fuck this frog." -- God

______
    ADIOGL

(Roman Zolanski)
    Seek Bromance. Member FourOhSeven!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero17 View Post
    Amen, my nigger.
    DJ, easy my fucking mind.

And never use "Like" at the beginning of a sentence.

"Like totally?" That screams gay.

Quote Originally Posted by I Like SKA View Post
    And never use "Like" at the beginning of a sentence.

"Like totally?" That screams gay.

Theres nothing wrong with sounding gay, its using the word gay in a negative sense that the OP has a problem with

Quote Originally Posted by ZenaGirl View Post
    Well homosexuals kind of hi-jacked the term themselves, it's only been in recent years that it has been used to describe sexual orientation.
    Most dictionaries don't even have this definition- they say it means "a cheerful mood or something brightly colored".
    What dictionaries are you reading? I've never seen a dictionary printed in the last twenty years or so that didn't include a definition regarding its usage pertaining to homosexuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero17 View Post
    Amen, my nigger.

Anyway, I very rarely use the word in that sense. I'm not opposed to it on principle (most of the people who get worked up over it are twats, and I'm so not), but it's so overused that every time I hear someone say it, I just want to punch them. But I have the same reaction to people calling pop 'soda', so...it's not exactly a big deal to me. It's just goddamn annoying.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast