Default My brother is a lunatic...

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    My brother is an utter lunatic and, despite being almost twenty years old, it would not appear I nor my family shall be getting him out of our house any time soon. He is a leech, who pesters for money off of my parents and shirks doing even the slightest amount of work. When my parents, or especially I, mention something, he gets extremely temperamental and he has even threatened to kill me in the past. Rather than list out all the incidents, I'll just give an example of one which just took place and has pushed me over the line to write this post pleading for advice.

So, I'd been home from school for around forty-five minutes and, being a Friday after a long week of exams, I just wanted to relax. I was sitting on my laptop in the lounge, as I often do when I am not out and about and suddenly my brother comes in screaming and asking me where she went. I'm confused at first, but then he starts shouting at me the dog. I said that I didn't know, then he starts swearing more so and the dog walks in. She's got her own poop (to put nicely) all over her paw, as it turns out that my brother thought it smart to throw her toy ball which she chases after without contemplation into the thick grass filled with dog poop. You see, my parents and I are all busy during the day with work and school. Plus, my grandparents are so old they couldn't even bend down to pick it up. My brother is so lazy that he never bothers to pick up the dog's mess, which is what he'd promise he'd do amongst many other things that he has failed to do when we said he could keep her in our home (she was originally meant to be his dog after all).

Dog poop has been smeared all over the floor and in the dog's bed. My brother starts getting really violent with his tone to the point that the dog is literally terrified. He's swearing at her and at this point I go get my father. He comes down, naturally at my brother who could have: a) not thrown the ball where he knows his laziness has caused it to be like a minefield of dog poop and b) just shut the door rather than let her inside the house. My brother starts getting angrier and swearing more, then he just says its our floor, and runs off to his room, comes down and "helps" by picking up a tiny bit of mess then runs off outside when we start saying someone needs to clean up (it can't be my parents since they have to take said dog to the vets).

My brother does this all of the time, he is literally the worse person I have ever met to the point that I even prefer people who have bullied me more than him. He always shirks his duties to help out (it's been a strain on us as a family since my grandparents moved in) and insults me numerous times. He calls me lazy! An A* student who spends hours at school and doing homework. He calls me fat! He threatens to kill me, tries stealing from me, lies to our grandparents for money and pesters my parents for more money. I hate him so much to the point I have even thought of trying to kill him, but what can I do cause that is off cause illegal?

• Advertising

(Afraid to Leave Stoop)
    My Diary
    ( 1 )

Default Re: My brother is a lunatic...

Have you asked your parents why they let him get away with so much?
    Former Current H&A/H&D Moderator

(Sean)

First of all where do you live?

Second, depending on where you live, it may differ on how this advice will work. But talk to your parents (AND JUST YOUR PARENTS) about getting your brother put into involuntary confinment (nick-named 'sectioning' here in the UK). The reason I suggest this, is because from what you have said about your brother, he seems to have some issues, both pysichally and mentally, this may be hard for you to hear, but if your brother is like this with his family, the people he should show love to and protect, he COULD be a danger to the public (Im not saying he is). another reason I suggest "Sectioning" is because when he is there, he will be assesed by docters why he feels this way, and he will get help that will HOPEFULLY help him (Not always guarunteed).

Also your brother MAY have an undiagnosed mental illness, Im sorry to say this, but that may be the case. and his 'shouting and violence' is the only comfy way for him to express himself. IM NOT SAYING THAT IS RIGHT, because when he is in sectioning he will get taught that shouting and violence is wrong.

Good luck hope that helped, keep us updated! =)
    5ft 7

GAY!!
    I have Aspergers =(

"Be proud of who you are and don't change yourself to please others; If people don't like the REAL you, then they are not worth your time."

(Afraid to Leave Stoop)
    My Diary
    ( 1 )

Sean, while I agree that Brad's brother isn't the most stable, I think you're making a LOT of pretty huge assumptions regarding what sort of mental and physical state he's in. From the original post, I don't really see the evidence supporting most of what you've said
    Former Current H&A/H&D Moderator

he is a lunatic talk to your parents about throwing hiom out

1st of all you shouldn't take his bullshit.stand up to him and get real with him.and 2nd i'm sorry but his ass needs to be thrown out if he's going to act like that.

Thread Information