Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Anybody else still get spanked for punishment?

(Seth)

Default Anybody else still get spanked for punishment?

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    I'm Seth and I"m 14 and I still get spanked by my parents when I get in trouble. I don't get abused or nothin but it's embarassing when I get it because I always end up crying. Does anybody else my age or older still get it?

• Advertising

Banned
    Album
    Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Anybody else still get spanked for punishment?

My parents have never hit me, or spanked me

(Mark-o)

No. I got spanked few times in my life (maybe 3 as I can remember), last time when I was 10 or something, when I got in figth with my bro and din't listen what mother was saying. That time I got just one "spank" and that was it.
    I think 14 is too old for spanking. I also think 14 is too old for crying after spanking. So, if you cry it gives your parents a signal that you are still a child. So maybe you should start acting more mature.
    Also, if you are embaressed by crying, just don't cry and you wont be embaressed
    bryan01 likes this.

(Seth)

i can't help crying...it just happens cause the spankin hurts.

(Mark-o)

Quote Originally Posted by sethrocks_1 View Post
    i can't help crying...it just happens cause the spankin hurts.
    If it hurts so much that you cry maybe it is abuse?

(Ryan)

its not abuse, parents have a right to spank their child, not necessarily cause a parent hits a child is it abuse, its obviously going to hurt or if not it'd be useless. My mother spanked me whenever i did something wrong, and i learned not to do it again. He probably cries cause its overwhelming or if it does hurt, next time he wont do what he did. Now if they are hitting you cause they want to, then that indeed is abuse. Otherwise just be good kid
    Stand up for yourself, cause chances are...no one else will.
    16/M/Straight but curious lol

(Seth)

I don't get abused at all. I love my parents and we usually get along great. I only get spanked if I do something wrong and I don't get hit any where but on the butt. My parents got it growing up and they just see it as a normal punishment. They aren't mean about it but they make sure I feel it.

(Mark-o)

Quote Originally Posted by sethrocks_1 View Post
    I don't get abused at all. I love my parents and we usually get along great. I only get spanked if I do something wrong and I don't get hit any where but on the butt. My parents got it growing up and they just see it as a normal punishment. They aren't mean about it but they make sure I feel it.
    OK, I'm glad to hear that.
    I jsut thought if it hurts so much it could be too hard. I'm happy it's not.

(Scott)

• Virginia Supreme Court: Excessive, unreasonable, or cruel punishment is unlawful. A parent has the right to administer such reasonable and timely punishment as may be necessary to correct faults in children. The right cannot be used as a cloak for the exercise of malevolence or the exhibition of uncontrolled passion on the part of the parent. Punishment must be within the bounds of moderation and reason and for the welfare of child, if due moderation is exceeded then parent is criminally liable. The age, size and conduct of child will be considered as well as the instrument used for punishment and the kind of marks or wounds inflicted on the child's body. Carpenter v. Commonwealth, 44 S.E.2d 419 (Va., 1947)

Answers.com - Is it legal for parents to spank their children in Virginia

If your parents do it so hard, that it makes you Unable to walk, or you have many bruses and your just plain out and tired of it, call the police, your parents will be arrested, and taken to court. if the Judge beleves that it is un-safe for you to live with your parents, you will be placed in a foster home, Untill some one comes and Addopts you.
    Teh Epics SCOTT!

(Mark-o)

Quote Originally Posted by scottlocks View Post
    Untill some one comes and Addopts you.
    Or, until he (well not he because I really hope this is not his case) becomes of age - which is bigger chance for teen guy/girl.

(Nechama)

Quote Originally Posted by tsoob View Post
    I think 14 is too old for spanking. I also think 14 is too old for crying after spanking. So, if you cry it gives your parents a signal that you are still a child. So maybe you should start acting more mature.
    That's the worst advice ever. Crying isn't a sign of immaturity.

Anyways, perhaps you should talk to your parents to see if there is an alternative. Worth a shot, from your own admission, your relationship is great.
    קוֹל בְּרָמָה נִשְׁמָע ,רָחֵל מְבַכָּה עַל בָּנֶיהָ

(Mark-o)

Quote Originally Posted by Koukla View Post
    That's the worst advice ever. Crying isn't a sign of immaturity.

Anyways, perhaps you should talk to your parents to see if there is an alternative. Worth a shot, from your own admission, your relationship is great.
    OK, maybe I was too hard on him. But thing is, if he acts like a child, his parents will treat him as a child. At least in my world. But I also offered alternative answer, saying that if they hit him soo hard it may be too much or unnecessary abusive.

But yes, talking is always good, you are very right.

Only if its really bad
    then i get the Belt

(Steven)

Your parents displine you because they love you. By the sounds of it you have done something wrong/bad and they are trying to make sure you dont do it again. I see nothing wrong with a smack and at 14 I am sure you are growing up - maturing mentally so maybe you wont be doing stuff so much now that will warrent a spanking or smack.

In NZ it is against the law to smack your child in public and there have been a few court cases about this. I see nothing wrong with it for displine but if they are just doing to to take out there frustrations then yes please get these parents and charge them. I think that no smacking is not good for kids as I am not sure if the point gets home if you are bansihed to a corner of the room.

Banned

Seth,

You're 14, not 24, and to them you're still a child. True, you're growing up, but you're still young enough to receive that punishment from them if you do something wrong. I personally don't approve of the physical punishment method, but if that's their chosen way of punishment, it's not illegal.

Whoever suggested the legal system here needs to stop trying to hide behind it. I don't believe he's being abused by his parents, and I surely don't believe they're spanking him because they're getting a sexual thrill out of it.

This is what I would suggest you do, Seth -- Ask your parents to have a civil conversation with you. Prove that you are showing signs of maturity by requesting to talk to them about the issue at hand, which is your punishment method. If you feel like you're too old to be spanked, then you need to bring it up with your parents, and gather their opinion on the subject. If they wish to continue that form of punishment, then that's how it will be. Legally, you're still their child, underage, and are subject to their form of consequence if you misbehave.

As a child/teenager growing up, I was hit very few times, and they weren't in the butt. My mom never had to get to that level of punishment with me, because a verbal warning was enough. She'd take away my privileges if I misbehaved, and it certainly worked. Suggest that one to them, if you feel it would work.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast