Default Wisdom Teeth - How long to heal?

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    So i got 4 wisdom teeth out on feb 26th... 2 impacted on the bottom. The first two weeks were brutal. By the third week i was fine, but still getting food stuck in the back. I must have made a mistake by eating too fast at work, getting food caught everywhere and just thinking (well my teeth feel fine im healed!) but then finding out a few days ago i got an infection, my left cheek puffed up... i had to get a tube sewed onto the inside of my mouth to drain the infection/pus, which gave me a difficult fever... ive been on medicine for about a whole month now, probably lost 3 years of my life...

But my question is how long does it take for you to be fully healed? After 3 weeks i was fine, until this infection... what do you guys think?

• Advertising

Default Re: Wisdom Teeth - How long to heal?

Regular extractions, with no complications, probably take 3 months to heal fully, if not longer, because of the socket that forms, etc.

Of course, you'll need to remember to be more careful than you were. But this is a question to ask the dentist or oral surgeon who did the extraction. But a good rule would probably be to take it nice and easy with what you eat back there for at least three months.

As far as taking years off your life, I really, really doubt that.

I dont know, but you really gotta follow exactly what they say otherwise infections will start. I got a needle-type thing that i could use to spray the sockets with to make sure no food got on, which can lead to infections. And I always rinsed my mouth....constantly. I'd say after a few days I was back to normal and a few weeks the sockets were unnoticeable.

(Serena)

Mine took about 2 weeks to heal, its because I usually have surgery for my mouth. I could take it because I had so many popsicles and ice cream. Oh the weeks i loved, mostly. It relys on if you take medication(like painkillers or a certain med for it) I didnt take any but, its because I didn't eat. I couldn't eat for the first 2 days, and it then i didnt eat at all. Don't eat things that can get stuck in your mouth, heres a tip, Don't eat solids! I had jelo for the two weeks, and boy, was i ok.

Try it, just don't starve yourself doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by ourmodernred View Post
    I dont know, but you really gotta follow exactly what they say otherwise infections will start. I got a needle-type thing that i could use to spray the sockets with to make sure no food got on, which can lead to infections. And I always rinsed my mouth....constantly. I'd say after a few days I was back to normal and a few weeks the sockets were unnoticeable.
    Same.

The important thing is to follow the surgeon's orders.

Thread Information