Question How can I say goodbye to my Grandmother??

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    Can anyone possibly help??My Grandmother died about 4 years back now. I am a teen. However I never got to speak to her before she died...nor was I allowed to attend the funeral...so I never got to say goodbye to her.
    I feel like I still can't come to terms with her death...and feel like I need to say goodbye.
    She was cremated. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can say goodbye to her now??

• Advertising

Default Re: How can I say goodbye to my Grandmother??

"Talk" to her in prayer form. Just talk to her aloud. It will be hard when there's nothing physically there, no headstone or grave site to visit.

That's the only thing I can think of. Why not try to dig some stuff up, old pictures and make a photo album or a scrapbook to remember her by, keep her memory alive if you can't say goodbye.
    Life doesn't have to be perfect
    To be wonderful

Pray. That's like the only thing you can do. She's not with you anymore, so it's hard to talk like she is with you, but just say what you've been needing to say. If you are truely feeling that you're saying it to her, she'll hear you.

I can't provide the advise of prayer as something I would do...

because I don't believe in that...
    but if you are faithful, have faith that shes happy in heaven. communicate with her in prayer, etc...

I'm just confused as to why you weren't allowed to say goodbye to your grandmother... :-\

Former Health and Development/Help and Advice Moderator
    Retired G-Mod

me
    (Sara)

i also don't believe in prayer, but the idea behind it is that you have a conversation (within yourself) about this. you can say what you want to say, and just believe that she hears it. a lot of times it just helps to remind yourself that even though you didn't get to say goodbye, your grandma knew that you loved her, and she loved you. there is peace in that, hold onto that sentiment. some people find a little peace with rituals, if you have a picture of your grandma, it might be helpful to involve that picture if your daily routine, for instance when you wake up in the morning or go to sleep at night, you could simply look at the picture, say a few words maybe ("i love you"), or touch/kiss the photo. it's all internal though, you have to remember, she's gone and she would want you to be at peace, you're still here, she would want you to live life and be happy.
    right now.

gov whorish hubby: phil (Ingrate)

(Snitsky)

Love, I was in situation however somewhat different. My unlce died like 8 years ago, it hurt me and I really never got to say good bye either. I am planning to go to his grave shortly becuase I need to offer my respects and it's something I need to take care of.

As others have mentioned for your case is you should talk to her aloud and as Sara says, you could have a picture that will allow you to bring back your fond memories. If you cry then go ahead, becuase it's the best way to release your emotions.
    I will always love you no matter what happens...
    You will always be my hero and a special person in my life...

Always love and appreciate what's close to you...
    ...it could one day disappear

Quote Originally Posted by Faggot.
    Easy, bbz ;D. True. Sept you're all like "RAWR GYM MAN" and I'm all weedy. You could, like, snap me. I guess that'd be kinda hot. Yeah, no, I'd be OK with that.
    What a faggot

(Malika al-Layl)
    Somewhere 'twixt a rock and a hard place.

Necromancy is good. All you need is candles, something she owned (a picture will do as well), a little grave yard earth, and an altar. I suggest making one out to a cthonic deity, you know, cause she's in the underworld and all. I do that annually every Samhain... though not to my Grandma.
    Human beings are the only animals that copulate while facing Obsidian Butterfly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus
    Mrow! I like a girl who's willing to work for it... and isn't afraid to commit a class B felony in the process.

Melissa, gov bitch since GoVirtual!
    I just whined about my 401k. I'm old.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ali-
    All worship Melissa.
    ابسديان بترفلاي

Go to the site of where she was buried or her ashes were spread and just talk.

EDIT: didnt read that she was cremated