View Poll Results: Are you Circumcised ?

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

116 56.04%
  • No

82 39.61%
  • Im Female

9 4.35%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: circumcision

(Tom)

Default circumcision

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    Just wondered how many people are circumcised. not here, i mean in general (i.e. 1 in 4 or 1 in10 etc)

Because i am, but dont really know how common it is...

And... to the girls... How do you feel about a circumcised penis ? would it turn you off or wouldn't you care etc ?
    20 / Male / Gay

" Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. "

• Advertising

The People's Administrator Jorge's Avatar
    My Diary
    ( 1 )
    Album
    Member Photo Albums

Default Re: circumcision

It's common with Muslims and Jews. It's also common in the United States, although rates are dropping; it's as low as 21% in some states like California compared to being in the 90s back in the 1960s. CNN actually had that story...
    http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/06/18....ap/index.html

Although it's not common in Europe, you aren't alone. Quite a few have it done for religious or medical reasons. If a girl makes a deal over what you have or don't have... I question whether she's worth it.
    Administrator
    Diary |
    FORWARD
    Have a complaint? We want to hear it.

Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They invent. They imagine. They heal. They explore. They create. They inspire. They push the human race forward. Maybe they have to be crazy. How else can you stare at an empty canvas and see a work of art? Or sit in silence and hear a song that's never been written? Or gaze at a red planet and see a laboratory on wheels? While some see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones that do.

(anil)
    Banned

nope i am glad i aint circumsized cos no offence 2 ne 1 who is but with out 4 skin looks kinda weird

(Tom)

nah, my girlfriend has never made a deal over it ... I am in the UK and am not religious... i was cut for medical reasons... i had a tight foreskin and they said it would create problems in the future, and said when i started getting erections it could tear (ouch) and i could get an infection ...
    20 / Male / Gay

" Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. "

A 2000 survey found that 12 percent of Brits aged 16-19 were circumcised. Mostly, it's done for medical or religious reasons, and otherwise not.

This poll is going to come up with a different result than that because, as Jorge said, we uncut Americans are in the minority here (at least for now). Most of our board members are American, so the poll numbers are distorted.

And, laptop711 - with the foreskin looks weird to cut guys, and without looks weird to uncut guys. It's about what you're used to. And penises always look pretty weird. Anyone who makes a big deal out of it isn't worth your time.
    "There are two things I know about white people: They love Matchbox 20, and they're terrified of curses."

Circumcision youll find is something which differs from country to country. The UK and Irelamd have a low circumcision rate compared to countries like America and even then it differs from state to state. Im pretty sure not one person I know is circumcised. I feel many people over here believe it is just not necessary and as a result the majourity are only circumcised due to medical or religious grounds. However in the US i feel it is far more a social factor over there on regards to cleanliness, and i have read posts of guys gettin circumcised to "fit in" with their friends the majourity of whom are circumsized.
    As i was going up the stair
    I met a man who wasn't there
    He wasn't there again today
    I wish i wish he'd stay away

(Becky)

I'm used to seeing a uncircumcised penis (bf) but it wouldn't bother me if I saw circumcised penis.

It varies so much from place to place. Worldwide, 20-25% of men are circumcised. Of those, more than half are for religious purposes--namely Islam and Judaism. Some are for medical reasons such as phimosis or irritated foreskin. Some are adults out of personal preference. And not so much in Britain, but in other countries, people are circumcised during infancy out of parental choice. That is most common in the US but also found to some extent in Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.

Since you live in Britain, I don't know why you're circumcised, but I know it's not too common where you are. I think most women still would not care either way. If they love you, whether or not your penis has a foreskin will not be a concern of theirs.
    hehe
    p101 moderator

(Benji)

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus View Post
    And, laptop711 - with the foreskin looks weird to cut guys, and without looks weird to uncut guys. It's about what you're used to. And penises always look pretty weird. Anyone who makes a big deal out of it isn't worth your time.
    It's a pretty sad excuse for genitallia to begin with.
    I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.
    ---Elie Wiesel---

עוד יבוא שלום עלינו ועל כולם

[19:06] Redwarrior90: you were born when my mom graduated high school

Quote Originally Posted by gagesdaddy View Post
    It's a pretty sad excuse for genitallia to begin with.
    Hey hey now.

Talk like that and the whole thing's gonna fall off one of these days. Then tell me what's a sad excuse.
    "There are two things I know about white people: They love Matchbox 20, and they're terrified of curses."

(Benji)

Hey hey now.

Talk like that and the whole thing's gonna fall off one of these days. Then tell me what's a sad excuse.
    Eh, I'd probably be better off if it did. All it does it get me into trouble.
    I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.
    ---Elie Wiesel---

עוד יבוא שלום עלינו ועל כולם

[19:06] Redwarrior90: you were born when my mom graduated high school

(Josh)

A 2000 survey found that 12 percent of Brits aged 16-19 were circumcised. Mostly, it's done for medical or religious reasons, and otherwise not.

This poll is going to come up with a different result than that because, as Jorge said, we uncut Americans are in the minority here (at least for now). Most of our board members are American, so the poll numbers are distorted.

I dont know where the data came from for it being 12% in the UK but I recon its prob way under 5%. It is really rare around these parts, I have been in showers with up to 30 guys and not seen a circumcised one among em. Sure I know there are guys here that have it done for medical and religious grounds but unless u live in an area with a large Muslim community, (not many predominately Jewish areas). its very rare. Seems to me that its more common as u see older guys, the older they are the more likely they are to be circumcised, but even then it aint common.
    Its not available on the Nhs so has to be done privately unless it is for a medical reason and even then they prescribe everything possible to cure probs first ..
    You cannot create experience. You must undergo it.
    [Albert Camus]

"Never judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes."

I thought that number sounded high, as well, but I looked it up and found the exact same statistic. However, it is worth noting that those data were collected in 1990. So it's outdated--those people are now 33 to 41. Nothing I could find showed any lower numbers. However, it did say that white males were the least likely to be circumcised, so it is possible that for any Brits in predominantly white areas, the rates they see are far lower.

If I see any more updated numbers, I'll be sure to add them. 12.5% surprised me. 2.8% of the population is Muslim, 0.4% is Jewish, and so that still leaves about 1 in 11 or so people being cut for non-religious purposes. I realize some will be medical and a few choice, but 1 in 11 sounds awfully high to me.
    hehe
    p101 moderator

(Rob)
    Banned

Yeah I am circumcised.

Quote Originally Posted by hehe View Post
    And not so much in Britain, but in other countries, people are circumcised during infancy out of parental choice. That is most common in the US but also found to some extent in Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
    Where is that from hehe? I'm suprised they include NZ on that list, circumcision is pretty much non-existent here. Lots of hospitals don't even offer it as an option.
    Yeah I'm an idealist, so what?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast