Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Member love.emmie's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2007
    Posts
    600

    Default Marijuana & Circulation


    *Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    Does smoking weed affect your circulation in the same way that smoking cigarettes does? I'm asking because I have surgery and the rule is no smoking cigarettes for 2 weeks beforehand due to the decrease in circulation it causes, but is the rule the same for marijuana? Thanks.


    • Advertising


  2. #2
    Tell me what you don't like about yourself Member
    Join Date
    December 17th, 2004
    Location
    The New Sin-City
    Gender
    Posts
    14,147
    My Diary
    ( 1 )

    Default Re: Marijuana & Circulation

    I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at... but guessing, I think you're talking about blood-pressure (referred to as "BP" henceforth).

    Nicotine causes heavy vasoconstriction and, obviously, simultaneously incredibly heightened BP. Increased vasoconstriction/BP can decrease blood/nutrient circulation to extremities.
    Cannabis increases heart rate, but causes a mild drop in BP, and heavy vasodilatation (which is why some people's eyes get red... also because of decreased intraocular pressure.. but still). There shouldn't be any issues with cannabis and surgery; I wouldn't recommend consuming any 24hrs. before the procedure, but I don't see it interfering in any way possible.

    It's, like I said, a vasodilator.


    If you don't mind me asking... what procedure are you having done, and where on your body (if applicable)?
    Mon cœur, s'est arrêté
    Mon âme a froid; l'esprit est noir....

    Alors, je fumerais des cigarettes
    Le fantôme me sens mieux que la réalité......



    Quote Originally Posted by Nip/Tuck View Post
    How do you say "frozen testicles" in Norwegian? Fuck that dude!

    Quote Originally Posted by Buen Día View Post
    Frosne Testiklene.

  3. #3
    Member love.emmie's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2007
    Posts
    600

    Default Re: Marijuana & Circulation

    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoid-Slut View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at... but guessing, I think you're talking about blood-pressure (referred to as "BP" henceforth).

    Nicotine causes heavy vasoconstriction and, obviously, simultaneously incredibly heightened BP. Increased vasoconstriction/BP can decrease blood/nutrient circulation to extremities.
    Cannabis increases heart rate, but causes a mild drop in BP, and heavy vasodilatation (which is why some people's eyes get red... also because of decreased intraocular pressure.. but still). There shouldn't be any issues with cannabis and surgery; I wouldn't recommend consuming any 24hrs. before the procedure, but I don't see it interfering in any way possible.

    It's, like I said, a vasodilator.


    If you don't mind me asking... what procedure are you having done, and where on your body (if applicable)?
    Yes, that's exactly it-- because cigarettes can interfere with the healing process that way. And it's pretty embarrassing but I'm getting a nose job-- the procedure isn't too heavy-duty or anything as far as surgeries go, but still, I was worried...

  4. #4
    Tell me what you don't like about yourself Member
    Join Date
    December 17th, 2004
    Location
    The New Sin-City
    Gender
    Posts
    14,147
    My Diary
    ( 1 )

    Default Re: Marijuana & Circulation

    Oh, ok hun... Rhinoplasties are nothing to be embarrassed about, for whatever reason!!

    Don't worry about a thing, the cannabis won't interfere. But I would avoid smoke in general during the healing process, out of concern for damaging sinuses. I wish you a healthy and speedy recovery!!!!

    (you better post pics after the bandages come off!!!! )
    Mon cœur, s'est arrêté
    Mon âme a froid; l'esprit est noir....

    Alors, je fumerais des cigarettes
    Le fantôme me sens mieux que la réalité......



    Quote Originally Posted by Nip/Tuck View Post
    How do you say "frozen testicles" in Norwegian? Fuck that dude!

    Quote Originally Posted by Buen Día View Post
    Frosne Testiklene.

  5. #5
    Member love.emmie's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2007
    Posts
    600

    Default Re: Marijuana & Circulation

    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoid-Slut View Post
    Oh, ok hun... Rhinoplasties are nothing to be embarrassed about, for whatever reason!!

    Don't worry about a thing, the cannabis won't interfere. But I would avoid smoke in general during the healing process, out of concern for damaging sinuses. I wish you a healthy and speedy recovery!!!!

    (you better post pics after the bandages come off!!!! )
    Hahahah ok thank you sooo much.

  6. #6
    Buddy is offline
    (Ben)
    Boss Member Buddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Posts
    7,497

    Default Re: Marijuana & Circulation

    Ask your doctor? You should never be afraid to ask your doctor a question.
    No regrets.
    I'm blessed to say the old me dead and gone away.

Similar Threads

  1. Marijuana
    By 28BoysLater in forum Boys Puberty
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: May-02-2009, 11:14 PM
  2. marijuana
    By azer in forum Substance Abuse and Use
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Feb-25-2007, 09:13 AM
  3. Marijuana
    By BigMofo in forum Health Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Sep-17-2006, 05:24 AM
  4. Replies: 58
    Last Post: Feb-01-2006, 04:29 AM
  5. Marijuana
    By Otter in forum Debates & Discussions
    Replies: 295
    Last Post: Nov-09-2005, 08:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •