Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (mike)

Default why people drink

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    i don't get why people in highschool drink it seems like they drink just to get drunk and then they act like idiots so why should you do it plus i've tasted a small amount of drinks and i really think it tastes horrible so i don't get why people would want to drink something that in my opinion is nasty just to act like compleat idiots

i'm a freshman and my friends can't wait to drink i don't see why anyone would want to act like an idiot

so could someone make it clear why you would drink and i know some people say for fun byt what is fun about acting stupid and possibly not remembering it anyway

• Advertising

(Logan)

Default Re: why people drink

I enjoy the taste of beer, so I drink it

I drink at parties because it's fun to play drinking games.

Plus, just the "risk" of doing something illegal has an appeal to it.

Banned

Really good feeling of warmth and what did you taste Ive never tasted bad alchohol

(Conner)

The though of doing something illegal does indeed appeal to some. Alot of people just like the altered feeling of their perception of the world (feeling warmth, numb, 'buzzing').

Others drink to calm themselves down (alcohol is a CNS depressent) or for the feeling of euphoria (this sometimes manifests itself as drinking because of problems).
    "Nothing is divine but what is agreeable to reason"

My aim is to be understood by everyone. I reject the 'depth' that people demand nowadays, into which you can never descend without a diving bell crammed with cabbalistic bullshit and intellectual metaphysics. This expressionistic anarchy has got to stop... a day will come when the artist will no longer be this bohemian, puffed-up anarchist but a healthy man working in clarity within a collectivist society. -Grosz

(MiK)

Only been drunk like twice, the only reason I'd do it again is because of the feel of it.
    You loosen up and and its... well... an anti-depressant kinda. I've never felt down while drinking .

Oh and it's fun trying to walk around while you're out of it XD.

And Mike, not everyone acts stupid when they drink. However you do make stupid decisions when you drink .
    Drink with the right people and you won't end up in a fight or doing something stupid.
    ✈ ▌▌ - 80% of women never have a G-spot orgasm.
    Saying "My girlfriend may be fat, but she has a beautiful personality" is like saying "My car may not start, but it has lovely seatbelts"

(Conner)

It is indeed fun to exert force against your physical limitations while drinking. I.e., trying everyday stuff while drunk.

My aim is to be understood by everyone. I reject the 'depth' that people demand nowadays, into which you can never descend without a diving bell crammed with cabbalistic bullshit and intellectual metaphysics. This expressionistic anarchy has got to stop... a day will come when the artist will no longer be this bohemian, puffed-up anarchist but a healthy man working in clarity within a collectivist society. -Grosz

(Logan)

Quote Originally Posted by surgery_x View Post
    It is indeed fun to exert force against your physical limitations while drinking. I.e., trying everyday stuff while drunk.
    Try running with a half full keg through a desert to get away from cops.

(Conner)

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
    I'd ask the police to remain calm and lets talk about this over a beer. xD

(Brian)

Quote Originally Posted by miked42393 View Post
    i don't get why people in highschool drink it seems like they drink just to get drunk and then they act like idiots so why should you do it plus i've tasted a small amount of drinks and i really think it tastes horrible so i don't get why people would want to drink something that in my opinion is nasty just to act like compleat idiots

i'm a freshman and my friends can't wait to drink i don't see why anyone would want to act like an idiot

so could someone make it clear why you would drink and i know some people say for fun byt what is fun about acting stupid and possibly not remembering it anyway
    I can't answer for anyone else, but for me ... drinking alcohol has always been a part of my life. I was actually having this conversation with someone only a couple of hours ago

I like the taste of alcoholic drinks, well some of them anyway. I like the crispness of a white wine, the warming sweetness of a port or sherry, the bitterness of beer, and the subtle flavours in a good whiskey.

I drink alcohol for the taste, not to get drunk.

And it's not illegal so I'm not doing anything wrong

I drink for both reasons, to get pissed up, I like being moderately drunk, but not when it gets more than a few liters of beer, and sometimes to get to sleep, as I seem to be cursed with insomnia most of the time.

I love a good cold beer though for its own sake, its hard to beat for refreshment on a hot day, get back home from a tiring day, and a beer is just what the Dr ordered (so to speak)
    GovGoth Moderator
    Amateur mycologist, self taught chemist and ethnobotanist.
    Corrupting young minds since 1986.

Professional imbiber and inhaler of sweet vitriol..until death overtake me, I'l go out with a bang, I'll go out high, and Blaze a bowl with Lucifer on the way down to hell.

Quote:

Originally posted by Somekid

"and also, respect sheriff limpets authority"

Quote:

Originally posted by Jokerman

"Ya know what everyone. Let's just listen to limpet on advice for anything relating to drugs or anything at all for that matter."

(Ronn)

Me and you speak the same language my friend.

The biggest reason I see people doing it is basically because everyone does it. In my opinion, doing something just because everyone does it is a stupid reason to do anything.

In all fairness, people do it for fun, recreation, etc. I'd rather just sit back and watch, as I think my life is fun enough without it.
    Next person to wear crocs is getting shot. No exceptions.

(Brendan)

Quote Originally Posted by miked42393 View Post

Wanna buy a period?...

Personally the little bit I drink is for stress relief. There is just so much stress and pressure that being able to forget it all for a few hours every once in a while is nice.
    "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
    ~Mohandas Gandhi

"I have come to the conclusion that politics are too serious a matter to be left to the politicians."
    ~Charles de Gaulle

"God doesn't require us to succeed; he only requires that you try."
    ~Mother Teresa

I guess the part about drinking that I enjoy the most is how open people(including myself) get about subjects which would normally be forbidden. You can find out a lot more about people that you thought you completely knew with a little alcohol.

(Travis)

That is the funniest answer i have ever heard . Drinking can be a very social event. Yes some of it tastes rather strong but hell that can be half the fun getting down there. It provides an excuse to be a bit out of your shell because you can blame it on the alcohol.
    The world revolves off of people who lie and manipulate others. Some just see it as normal but its bad when even some of the most powerful and influential people of the world do it..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E3oIbO0AWE

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post

You'll find most teenagers drink to get drunk, because they're just looking for a way to laugh and have a good time with friends... and ofcourse pretending to be total badasses by getting so drunk they dont realize the risk they put themselves in. I drink to have a good time, its a great way to relax here and there and just let loose. It's when you drink too much that you can get a little crazy, you just need to know how to keep it under control.

When you notice yourself coming in late in the morning on school nights thats when you need to cut back. I never understood why so many people have issues, but then again its also horomones and genetics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast