Like Tree3Likes

Thread: How much do you lift?

(MiK)

Default Re: How much do you lift?

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    So I lost 8kg in 3 days.

How?

Helicobacter Pylori (at least i believe thats what i have). lol

Its been a good month and a bit since I've been to the gym, feels bad bro, feels bad
    ✈ ▌▌ - 80% of women never have a G-spot orgasm.
    Saying "My girlfriend may be fat, but she has a beautiful personality" is like saying "My car may not start, but it has lovely seatbelts"

• Advertising

My Diary
    ( 1 )

Went to gym today. Back started bothering me a little bit on final set of presses. Shook it off and did squats. My back felt perfect with 225 @ 2x5, but it's not exactly a challenging weight for me. I used a wider than usual stance to help stay upright.

Then, I did curls and left. I was a lazy curlbro today.

So I lost 8kg in 3 days.

How?

Helicobacter Pylori (at least i believe thats what i have). lol
    Grats on the weightloss!

My Diary
    ( 1 )

Back is still iffy. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my training today. I guess I'll go by how my body feels. I'm supposed to be doing max effort low bar squats but I'm not quite sure if it's the best idea. I should be okay on bench press.

EDIT: Bench press and squat PRs today! Did 153 @ 3x5 for bench, and 285@1x5 for squat. I could only get 3 reps and 2 reps for the last two sets of squats. Too much WoW, not enough rest. I also walked out 315 to try to get my CNS used to heavier weights. It felt heavy as FUCK. If I had to squat it, I don't know if I would have been able to.

My Diary
    ( 1 )

My training has been shit lately. Mental stress, physical fatigue, lack of sleep, lack of motivation...

I actually pussied out and didn't do my last set of squats because I felt like I was going to faint. I had to have my belt as tight as possible because my back still isn't 100% and I could barely breathe.

My Diary
    ( 1 )

(Quadruple post. I don't give a fuck)

Failed a low bar squat for the first time today. Couldn't make it out of the hole and dumped onto safety bars. This was my third time attempting 285 @ 3x5. I got first two sets but not the last one. It might be the end of linear progression for me. This is utterly demoralizing.

I'm still interested in strength, and I like Rippetoe's programs, so I think Texas Method is next. I'm not sure if I should deload before I start it. I'm pretty beat up right now.

On the bright side, on Thursday I set curl AND bench press PRs. The end of the world is near.

EDIT: Left bicep tedonitis. Should I blame curls or squats? I could work through this pain but it's nagging and kind of annoying.

(Andrew)

Deadlift: idk
    Squat: 300
    Power Clean:idk
    Bent Over Row: 135
    Bench Press: 205
    Overhead Press: 165

My Diary
    ( 1 )

Because I want to be fresh for Texas Method, I'm taking it easy this week. Skipped Tuesday, did a Wendler style deload on Thursday. I didn't lift anything heavier than 60% of my 1RM.

Despite deloading, I STILL feel beat up. I still have bicep/elbow tendonitis, and my back isn't 100%.

I deadlifted for the first time in a month. 275@1x5. Light compared to my 1RM, but I'm still feeling it today. I hope it's just rustiness and not actual back problems.

Ibuprofen has been helping my elbow, but I know it's just a band-aid fix. I'm guessing it's squats. I use a wide grip because a close grip bothers my shoulders, but a wide grip is less secure and that might cause elbow strain trying to keep the bar on my back. But I refuse to switch back to high bar unless I have no other choice.

(Sean)

YES

315 (3 plate) deadlift. for my 1RM

Ah feels so good.
    ~Promise me you will always remember, You are braver than you believe, Stronger than you seem and Smarter than you think.~
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    Ultimate Frisbee Rules

pr'd for 565 today, a 5 lb jump from last month. It felt much heavier and I blacked out for a few seconds after laying down on the floor according to my friend. I'm going to cut my dead lift to 2x a month because they swipe my energy like a hood hoe. I've spent the last 5 hours laying down trying to recover.
    Quote Originally Posted by ( . Y . ) View Post
    I thought it was impossible to actually swallow it..that much atleast.

My Diary
    ( 1 )

Congrats to both of you on your PRs! 565 is a shitload of weight. You should be a powerlifter, Legend.

Two days into the Texas Method. I spent over 2 hours in the gym on volume day. Shit was brutal. But I like how I can take it easy on recovery day and then shoot for PRs on Saturday. I did a very small reduction in poundage and I'm aiming to match my old PRs next week.

Deadlifted heavy for the first time in over a month, after 5x5 squats. Not surprisingly, it didn't go well. I could only do 405x3 - two rep strength loss. I'm considering incorporating dynamic effort deadlifts on intensity day, instead of power cleans. I'm fucking sick of power cleans. All they do is injure me.

I still want 495 by end of year, but it's going to require some more creative programming (and weight gain).

I am just completely stoked with all the numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Ultros View Post
    Congrats to both of you on your PRs! 565 is a shitload of weight. You should be a powerlifter, Legend.

Two days into the Texas Method. I spent over 2 hours in the gym on volume day. Shit was brutal. But I like how I can take it easy on recovery day and then shoot for PRs on Saturday. I did a very small reduction in poundage and I'm aiming to match my old PRs next week.

Deadlifted heavy for the first time in over a month, after 5x5 squats. Not surprisingly, it didn't go well. I could only do 405x3 - two rep strength loss. I'm considering incorporating dynamic effort deadlifts on intensity day, instead of power cleans. I'm fucking sick of power cleans. All they do is injure me.

I still want 495 by end of year, but it's going to require some more creative programming (and weight gain).
    That's mean. I'm very weak for my height and weight class. I don't often go near my 5 rm and 1 rm. I like doing 8-10 reps of compounds for 4-6 sets. I prefer to walk normally the next day. Who was the smart dude who told you a year ago that power cleans were worthless?

My Diary
    ( 1 )

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    That's mean. I'm very weak for my height and weight class. I don't often go near my 5 rm and 1 rm. I like doing 8-10 reps of compounds for 4-6 sets. I prefer to walk normally the next day. Who was the smart dude who told you a year ago that power cleans were worthless?
    Low reps make you sore? Low reps fry my CNS but I'm usually less sore.

I decided to do power cleans anyway. I was afraid to do dynamic deadlifts with my already iffy back. I lowered the weight a bit and focused on form. I did 155 @ 5x3. My rack position was perfect each time and I have the bruises on my deltoids to prove it. I don't think flat soled shoes are the best idea though. My heels hurt from slamming down so hard. Also, I banged my neck a few times. If I would have hit it with a bit more force I probably would have blacked out. Not sure how to prevent this.

It looks like I started a bit too light on bench press. My heaviest set wasn't even challenging. I guess that's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultros View Post
    Low reps make you sore? Low reps fry my CNS but I'm usually less sore.

I decided to do power cleans anyway. I was afraid to do dynamic deadlifts with my already iffy back. I lowered the weight a bit and focused on form. I did 155 @ 5x3. My rack position was perfect each time and I have the bruises on my deltoids to prove it. I don't think flat soled shoes are the best idea though. My heels hurt from slamming down so hard. Also, I banged my neck a few times. If I would have hit it with a bit more force I probably would have blacked out. Not sure how to prevent this.

It looks like I started a bit too light on bench press. My heaviest set wasn't even challenging. I guess that's a good thing.
    I don't like going near my 5 or 1 rm for reps in that 8-10 range. I can do it, but I feel lifeless after I'm done and I bitch about the pain I'm in the next day. My ass is still sore from the sumo I did.

My Diary
    ( 1 )

I like the 5 rep range, but I've been brainwashed by Rippetoe.

Maybe I should learn sumo deadlifts. I'm weaker at them, but it would put less pressure on my lower back. It's taxed pretty heavily from squatting twice a week.

Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread Information