Default So probably a ridiculous series of questions.

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    First off, how much of an influence does stress and/or weight fluctuations have on the timing of menstrual cycles? Can these factors cause irregularities and such?

Next, my girlfriend and I haven't had sex since December, and she got her period in December and January. She missed her period in February, and as March comes near its end, it still isn't here either. What would you make of this? Could she be pregnant? I don't see how it is possible, but I don't know. She has gained a little bit of weight, but I definitely don't think that is why since it doesn't make sense to me, and her weight has been fluctuating since August.

What are your thoughts?

Edit:
    I should also add that when we had sex, I used a condom and pulled out before I came, and she was on the pill. She stopped taking the pill a bit after she got her period in January. Could that be causing the fluctuations?

• Advertising

(Jenna)

Default Re: So probably a ridiculous series of questions.

Weight and stress does have an impact on your menstruation but I believe that weight only comes into it if you're under weight.

When we're under stress our adrenal glands secrete a hormone. This hormone has a direct impact on our estrogen which then in turn delays periods.

(Dustin)

The influence of stress on the timing of a woman's menstrual cycle depends on each woman. For some, stress will delay the period, and many women will then think it's a late period.

There is a possibility of her being pregnant, but it's something you and her need to sit down and discuss. Have you asked her how she feels in the morning? What about a sore back?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by KISSCHASY View Post
    Weight and stress does have an impact on your menstruation but I believe that weight only comes into it if you're under weight.

When we're under stress our adrenal glands secrete a hormone. This hormone has a direct impact on our estrogen which then in turn delays periods.

Now that you say the first part, it sounds familiar.

The second part I haven't heard of, but it sounds very accurate that adrenaline/noradrenaline could have an influence. Do you know if acetylcoline or epinephrine/norepinephrine have any effect?

Quote Originally Posted by DDuB1218 View Post
    The influence of stress on the timing of a woman's menstrual cycle depends on each woman. For some, stress will delay the period, and many women will then think it's a late period.

There is a possibility of her being pregnant, but it's something you and her need to sit down and discuss. Have you asked her how she feels in the morning? What about a sore back?

Cheers

Haha, her back is always sore, and always has been for the past three years because she is a dancer who desperately needs a chiropractor. She feels fine in the morning. I don't think she is pregnant, and she doesn't think so either, we are just confused.

Why would you think there is a possibility if she got her period in January?

I should also add that when we had sex, I used a condom and pulled out before I came, and she was on the pill. She stopped taking the pill a bit after she got her period in January. Could that be causing the fluctuations?

Anyone?

(Irreducible Complexity.)
    Quiltbag Founder. Member Jacques Lacan's Avatar

Well if she had her period in December and January, by no logic can she be pregnant - because both of the eggs that stood a chance of fertilisation have gushed forth into the world. If you're THAT worried, get her to take a pregnancy test? Chances are, yes, coming on and off the pill has caused the fluctuations.
    My god! Is this pure ideology? That. Is. Bananas​.

Coming off birth control pills and stress can be screwing up her menstrual cycle. She should probably see her doctor just to be sure that there's not some other reason why she's not having periods.
    ~~H&D/H&A Mod~~

Thank you!

If she hasn't had her period two months in a row, then yes, she could be pregnant. But if you haven't had sex with her since December and she had her period since, you didn't get her pregnant.
    SOMECOMMUNITIES: A Forum Community

"I believe that in 1978 God changed his mind about black people!
    You can be a Mormon, a Mormon who just
    believes!" -- Kevin Price

"Joseph Smith, don't fuck the baby. I'll get rid of your AIDS if you fuck this frog." -- God

______
    ADIOGL

If you haven't had sex with her since December, then YOU didn't get her pregnant.

She probably isn't still, but have her take a test for your peace of mind.
    F O R T U N E F A V O R S T H E B R A V E

I once heard it said that every woman has exactly the love life that she wants.

I am not fretting anymore. I found something on the internet yesterday about how it is somewhat common for women to miss their periods for 3-6 months after getting off birth control when it was prescribed for fixing regularity patterns, which it was. Its called menstrual ammorenhea or something.