Default Risks of Oral.....STD's?

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    Hi,

I just want to know if theres anyone on here with a fair bit of knowledge on STD n possibly HIV?

Basically I want to know what people think the chances are of possibly getting HIV or STD's....

From oral sex, no idea if the guy had any STD's or anything!
    He slightly pre-cummed in my mouth, like a drops if that.........and I havent got any cuts of sores in my mouth at all......

Basically I just want to know what you think the chances of me having an STD's are.........this all lasted for like 2 mins!

Thanks....

• Advertising

My Diary
    ( 1 )

Default Re: Risks of Oral.....STD's?

In terms of receiving oral sex, the risk is very low for HIV and most other Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD's). Probably the biggest risk would be for herpes. When a person has a "cold sore" on their lip, this is the herpes virus. If they have oral herpes and they give you oral sex, you could get genital herpes this way. Herpes is transmitted by direct physical contact with the blistery lesion that the herpes virus causes. The herpes virus can be transmitted at any time, but is by far most infectious when the person has symptoms due to the herpes virus (tingling sensation at the site of infection, and blistery painful lesions). So when a person has symptoms due to a "cold sore" (oral herpes), you would be at risk of getting genital herpes if they gave you oral sex.
    You could potentially get other STD's by receiving oral sex as well, such as syphilis and Hepatitis B, but the risks are generally quite low.

However, I must emphasize that if you are GIVING another person oral sex, your risks of infection with HIV and other STD's is much much higher. While giving oral sex, you would be at high risk for HIV, Gonorrhea, Herpes, Hepatitis B, and other STD's as well. For some diseases, while giving oral sex, you would be exposed to pre-cum, semen, vaginal secretions, and menstrual blood which could contain some STD's (such as HIV and Hepatitis B). While giving oral sex, you may be exposed to discharges which could cause infections such as Gonorrhea. You could also be exposed to lesions which can lead to other STD's, such as Herpes. So giving oral sex is much riskier than receiving oral sex. But overall, vaginal or anal intercourse is still higher risk than oral sex, but oral sex is NOT totally safe (especially if you are giving oral sex to another person).
    It's important to remember that HIV is not the only incurable STD. Any of the viral STD's (such as Hepatitis B, Herpes, Genital Warts etc) are also incurable. And HIV is not the only potentially fatal STD. Diseases like Hepatitis B, HTLV-I, and Syphilis are also potentially fatal. We must therefore stress that safer sex does not just apply to HIV.....it applies to all STD's!
    So in summary, for receiving oral sex, the risks generally are lower than giving oral sex and intercourse, but you can still get STD's such as Herpes

(Edd)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    In terms of receiving oral sex, the risk is very low for HIV and most other Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD's). Probably the biggest risk would be for herpes. When a person has a "cold sore" on their lip, this is the herpes virus. If they have oral herpes and they give you oral sex, you could get genital herpes this way. Herpes is transmitted by direct physical contact with the blistery lesion that the herpes virus causes. The herpes virus can be transmitted at any time, but is by far most infectious when the person has symptoms due to the herpes virus (tingling sensation at the site of infection, and blistery painful lesions). So when a person has symptoms due to a "cold sore" (oral herpes), you would be at risk of getting genital herpes if they gave you oral sex.
    You could potentially get other STD's by receiving oral sex as well, such as syphilis and Hepatitis B, but the risks are generally quite low.
    Noobish question inc. But are common "cold sores" and herpes "cold sores" two different things?
    ~~~

My Diary
    ( 1 )

nope

(Josh)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    nope
    Not only are they two different things, but they're also caused by two different viruses. Cold sores (or fever blisters) are caused by a form of the Herpes virus called Herpes Simplex I. Genital warts and any Herpes found "below the belt," so to speak, are caused by a virus Herpes Simplex II. You might also notice these called HSV-1 and HSV-2.

Putting into perspective..........

What percentage chances do you think i have of having anything from....

1) No idea if the guy had anything anyway.....which he might not off!
    2) Slightly pre-cummed in my mouth, literally like a drop that was it....

?

(Hayley)

Well, certain diseases can be transmitted by skin to skin contact (like herpes, for example). For others, all it really needs is one drop. I cant give you exact percentages, but I don't recommend you continue doing this.

If you're worried, I'd go to a clinic and get tested. That's the only way to know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ding_Dong View Post
    Hi,

I just want to know if theres anyone on here with a fair bit of knowledge on STD n possibly HIV?

Basically I want to know what people think the chances are of possibly getting HIV or STD's....

From oral sex, no idea if the guy had any STD's or anything!
    He slightly pre-cummed in my mouth, like a drops if that.........and I havent got any cuts of sores in my mouth at all......

Basically I just want to know what you think the chances of me having an STD's are.........this all lasted for like 2 mins!

Thanks....
    There are always chance of getting an STD when doing oral. But since you got precum in your mouth from him the risk is higher because of the body fluids exchanged. If you are really go get your self checked out.
    19, Male.