Thread: Sex emotions

(Tracy)

Default Sex emotions

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    I was just wondering if anyone (girls in particular) experience this at all... sometimes, like tonight, after having sex (regardless of whether I orgasm or not) I feel like this emotional let down. Tonight after having sex (in my car because we didn't have his house to ourselves) I drove him to his friend's house and when we were in his friend's parking lot I just was on the verge of tears. I don't know if it's because I really wanted held after doing it and that wasn't practical or if it was something else. The thing is sometimes I randomly emotional during sex and find myself fending off tears. Sometimes I know it's just stress, but like I said, afterwards sometimes it's just like this odd emotional letdown. Oh and it's not because we have just the "hot and heavy" sex... I mean we kiss and hug during it and such, so it's not that.
    ~SilverDream~

Dream as if you'll live forever; live as if you'll die today.

• Advertising

Default Re: Sex emotions

Well I have cried once during sex, but it was an emotional overload, like an extreme excitment and just felt like I couldn't get any closer to him and it was like my love for him just litterally exploded at that moment and I started to cry. It certainly wasn't a let down or felt negative in any sort.

Does this occur often? It seems the act is releasing a surplus of hormones or something causing you to have a 'mini breakdown' of sorts.

Have you monitered it? Like is there a pattern for this type of behavior? Is it when you're just really stressed you find yourself doing this?

Maybe it stems from other issues, and you may not be realizing it. Like relationship issues, not feeling 'fulfilled' perhaps?

If its a regular occurance, I would find that quite a problem. If anything, sex should be a positive thing, a bonding experience between you and your partner, that makes you FEEL good and whole and connected to them on a totally different level. It shouldn't leave you crying and in an emotional mess.
    Life doesn't have to be perfect
    To be wonderful

(Tracy)

No, it's not a regular thing. I know that the times I feel like crying during sex are linked to stress and kind of falling out of the mood so to speak while doing it and kind of feeling bad for it. I guess it'd have to become more regular for it to be related to an outside issue... I hadn't felt it in a good while so tonight was just really odd. Like I said, I think part of it was just feeling really let down as I really wanted held afterwards and couldn't be. Just didn't know if anyone had anything similar happen or not.
    ~SilverDream~

IF u feel like crying cos u dont want to do it any more..then dont
    whats he gunna do ?

I don't know if this will help you, but I had a g/f who would cry sometimes after we had sex. I asked her why she was crying and she said it was because things were almost too perfect and our love making was better than she could have imagined, but she cried because she was afraid it would end some day because she was afraid I would find someone else. She said she couldn't help thinking it. The crazy thing is she was the one who ended up breaking up with me to date someone else.

As I said, I don't know if maybe you are thinking that but I thought I would mention it. Good luck!

(Vikki)

It is natural, it's a physiological response that you can't really do anything about. The hormones that are released during sex, especially if you orgasm, are like a drug, and afterwards, of course what goes up must come down, so you've got the comedown. It's not especially nice, but it is normal and natural.
    Next time you go to the supermarket, fill your trolley with booze - vodka, whisky, gin, whatever you want, fill it, and just before you get to the till put in a pack of nappies. Once they've tilled it through and tell you the price, pretend like you don't have quite enough money and put the nappies back. They'll look at you like you're scum, it's brilliant.

(Malika al-Layl)
    Somewhere 'twixt a rock and a hard place.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    It is natural, it's a physiological response that you can't really do anything about. The hormones that are released during sex, especially if you orgasm, are like a drug, and afterwards, of course what goes up must come down, so you've got the comedown. It's not especially nice, but it is normal and natural.
    The flaw in your statement is that the chemicals that are released during orgasm are never absent from the brain. Orgasm simply causes more of them to be released at a time. The underlying cause for her crying is almost certain psychological, not physiological.

To be more complex, there are two chemicals released in the throws of sexual passion: Prolactin and Dopamine. Dopamine is the gas peddle, and prolactin the very necessary brake. While this chemical CAN produce the symptoms the OP is talking about, she'd need to have a lot of sex to produce crying, depression, or severe lows.
    Human beings are the only animals that copulate while facing Obsidian Butterfly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus
    Mrow! I like a girl who's willing to work for it... and isn't afraid to commit a class B felony in the process.

Melissa, gov bitch since GoVirtual!
    I just whined about my 401k. I'm old.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ali-
    All worship Melissa.
    ابسديان بترفلاي

(Kevin)
    Banned

Imo sex makes emotional. That's why it's at least to be some time together after sex than the sex itself.

(Tracy)

Thanks for the responses everyone. I got to thinking about it and I think at least for that night what it came down to was I had a really awesome day hanging out with him and we don't get to spend entire days together like that so I guess I didn't want to see him go as I didn't know when we'd get a whole day together again.
    ~SilverDream~