Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 14 year older in need of job.

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    this is my first time participating in these forums. and you have probably seen millions of these threads about a teen in need of a job that is under 16. well that is my situation. i am in need of a job and don't know where to start. i will be interested in any job opening as long as it has hours i can work around school. money isnt so much of an issue. please respond with ideas and websites to help teens like myself. thank you!

• Advertising

(Luis)

Default Re: 14 year older in need of job.

It's true that it's illegal giving a job to ppl who are under 16.

But you can do other jobs as baby sitting, help your neighbour with them shopping, cutting grass...

(Morgan)

It's not illegal to give a job so someone under 16, it's just very limited. Check with your local paper, you can deliver papers at 14, that's what I did. Good exercise too!

Try starting your own business. I made hemp necklaces when I was younger and sold them at craft fairs, it was pretty good money. Find something you're good at and it can earn you some cash!

(Ben)

have u ever worked before?
    where do you live? (city, small town etc)
    .:Miami Beach:.
    Check it out.

Ik ben Ben. Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by mountain_dew_33
    this is my first time participating in these forums. and you have probably seen millions of these threads about a teen in need of a job that is under 16. well that is my situation. i am in need of a job and don't know where to start. i will be interested in any job opening as long as it has hours i can work around school. money isnt so much of an issue. please respond with ideas and websites to help teens like myself. thank you!
    Unless they're really short on help, most businesses are hesitant to employ 14 and 15 year olds because of the really intense restrictions on when you can work, what you can do, etc. You're pretty much stuck working (legally) on the weekends and you can't do anything remotely dangerous. The big exception seems to be working on a farm, so you might see if you can get something there, depending on where you live and how you feel about shoveling shit / other farm chores.

The other option is to see if you have any skills that you might be able to market under the table, e.g. babysitting, making web sites, mowing lawns, painting houses. Generally it always seems to be family or family-friend connections that hook you up with these things, since you can't well go out and advertise. When I was younger, I used to work sometimes at my father's office filing paperwork; I also used to work as a cashier in my school cafeteria. Both were paid 'under the table.' So you might try something like that: keep your ears open for the next time you hear someone you know who owns a business complaining about being overworked, and consider whether you might be able to offer your services (word to the wise: wait until you can talk to them alone, not in front of anyone else, you don't want to put them in an awkward situation).
    Economic Left/Right: 3.88
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.51

Actualy it's legal. With a special permit, there are actually very few jobs that you can't do: with limitations. Like you can only work for like 7 hours max, and you have to be in by the evening like the only jobs you can't do are physcial work. You can work at McDonalds or whereever, if they'll hire you.
    This is where I put lyrics to songs that every one likes and things I find witty.

(Brad P.)

If a place like a fast food restaurant is hiring, it's illegal NOT to hire kids under 16 if there is no reasons why they shouldn't work (Like transportation or criminal activity). I'm a crew trainer at a McDonalds and we hire 14/15 yr olds all the time. They aren't allowed to work past 7 on school nights or 11 on the weekends. And they aren't allowed to work with the greese vats. Go for an interview.
    From the fingertips of the awe-inspiring Brad.
    17/M/Ohio

I march for the one and only
    GO HERD!

"When in doubt, trill!" ~ John Phillip Sousa

its not illegal to work under 16. if you are 14 or 15 years old, you can legally work 15 hours a week. if you are in high school, see if your school has a career center or a bullentin board with job listings on it. my school does but there is currently only one job that is looking to hire 15 year olds. there are a few retirement homes that will hire younger people. i have quite a few friends that work at a retirement home. also i know mc donalds hires at 15 and publix (i don't know if you have publix where you live) hires at 14

(Yulfi)

News paper boy ............... ??????????????? u want try it ??????????????/
    Just...d374vu
    peace

(Eh)

Yeah I'd say go for McDonald's or similar.
    Then we start flames and blame the tame and proclaim that they are insane...
    >>

"Take your passion... and make it happen." >>Irene Cara
    >>
    "Even though we may seen murderous and evil
    Our thoughts and dreams seem hopeless and feeble
    Really we are just normal people."

Quote Originally Posted by Drum Major Guy
    If a place like a fast food restaurant is hiring, it's illegal NOT to hire kids under 16 if there is no reasons why they shouldn't work (Like transportation or criminal activity). I'm a crew trainer at a McDonalds and we hire 14/15 yr olds all the time. They aren't allowed to work past 7 on school nights or 11 on the weekends. And they aren't allowed to work with the greese vats. Go for an interview.
    I see that you work at McDondalds. I was wondering what kind of jobs 14 year olds can do there because I was thinking about getting a job at McDondalds this summer and im just wondering what kind of jobs 14 year olds can do

(Keith)

I know a few freshmen that work at Mcdonalds who must be 14 or 15. It seems most younger people work at the register, which as I'm to understand, is the best place to work in Mcdonalds since there can be alot of downtime.
    His name is B.F. Skinner; he's going to put you kids in a box.

Down Home (Out past were the blacktop ends)

Resurantans are shit and only Make you fat and you dont get many hours Get a job Landscapeing, roofing, or my favorite Farming And if you related or paided under the table you can put in as many hours as you Like In the winter I try to work at least 60 hours a week but this is hard with my schooling But in the summer I Try to work As much as 90 hours a week My record fom last summer is 120 Hours Spread out over a seven day week Go ahead and try to do better than that

(Tim 0'Brian)

at 15 you need a work permit and hardly no one hires
    at 16 your a "legitament" part of the work force
    Visit *Californication

O B A M A 0 8

My mate is 14 nearly 15 and she works in the local shop. She said it's great. She got taken on straight away.
    Something like a small shop job could do the trick with some babysitting or something too.
    Another girl I know, 14, works in a pizza shop after school too. Something like that.
    My best friends sister, 15, Babysits too and gets paid 15 for 2 children, 20 for three.
    A small job like one of these could help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast