Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 56
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Plea

  1. #1
    HelpDude is offline
    (Call me Thi)
    Member
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2011
    Location
    Down the street, turning the corner.
    Gender
    Posts
    162

    Default Plea


    *Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    Hello and welcome,
    I'm going to make a plea to EVERYONE that reads this section of our forum,

    For the atheists,
    Please, look to the religions not as a "complete nonsense", but as a way to complete our understendment of the "spiritual" as the science is for the "material", but it fails most times because the spiritual is a most delicate subject then the material.
    Why? Because our body belongs to the material, so, it's a lot easier to sense the materials intead the spiritual if our body have it's sensorial parts in the material too.

    For the religious,
    Please, try to look to other religions in their optics, as the base ideas, the mesias(spelling?) ideas and such.
    And also, for the science, some things , such some miracles can be explained by the science as some miracles in the past can be explaineds with the modern science.

    Comment below, please.
    Oh, and one more thing, read BOTH parts, please.


    • Advertising


  2. #2
    Aelius is offline
    (Marc)
    Sir Marcus Aelius; Atheist Praefectus of GovTeen Member Aelius's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2006
    Location
    Cambridge, Ontario
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Posts
    4,463

    Default Re: Plea

    Quote Originally Posted by HelpDude View Post
    For the atheists,
    Please, look to the religions not as a "complete nonsense", but as a way to complete our understendment of the "spiritual" as the science is for the "material", but it fails most times because the spiritual is a most delicate subject then the material.
    Why? Because our body belongs to the material, so, it's a lot easier to sense the materials intead the spiritual if our body have it's sensorial parts in the material too.
    There has been not been demonstrated to be such a thing as the "spiritual" and thus we need not complete our "understandment" of it.

    Demonstrate that there exists such a thing as "the spiritual" and then we'll talk, but until then, we will continue to investigate the natural world (ie. "reality") using the scientific method, because that is the only proven method of sorting out fact from fiction.

    No one has ever been able to demonstrate the existence of anything that is traditionally referred to as "the spiritual".

  3. #3
    HelpDude is offline
    (Call me Thi)
    Member
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2011
    Location
    Down the street, turning the corner.
    Gender
    Posts
    162

    Default Re: Plea

    If you open your mind...

  4. #4
    Aelius is offline
    (Marc)
    Sir Marcus Aelius; Atheist Praefectus of GovTeen Member Aelius's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2006
    Location
    Cambridge, Ontario
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Posts
    4,463

    Default Re: Plea

    Quote Originally Posted by HelpDude View Post
    If you open your mind...
    My mind is open. I'm waiting for you to actually present some evidence.

  5. #5
    Redundancy is offline
    (Ben)
    La peco de merdo Member Redundancy's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2011
    Location
    Miĉigano
    Gender
    Posts
    1,025
    Album
    Member Photo Albums

    Default Re: Plea

    [quote=HelpDude;6164763]If you open your mind...[/quote

    If that is your answer then your argument is horrifically invalid.

    Quote Originally Posted by HelpDude View Post
    For the atheists,
    Please, look to the religions not as a "complete nonsense", but as a way to complete our understendment of the "spiritual" as the science is for the "material", but it fails most times because the spiritual is a most delicate subject then the material.
    Why? Because our body belongs to the material, so, it's a lot easier to sense the materials intead the spiritual if our body have it's sensorial parts in the material too.

    For the religious,
    Please, try to look to other religions in their optics, as the base ideas, the mesias(spelling?) ideas and such.
    And also, for the science, some things , such some miracles can be explained by the science as some miracles in the past can be explaineds with the modern science.

    Comment below, please.
    Oh, and one more thing, read BOTH parts, please.
    Furthermore if you've come to make a shift in how things work in this forum, I doubt you will, this forum is for the stoic and the sensible, and their debates, one is not swayed into another way of acting like that. And also are you saying that "The Spiritual" Essence us is like a ghost that is part of us, well until you can verify that outside popular culture and myth, then we will have a debate or discussion on our hands, otherwise, please reconsider your role in this forum, its not to late to change it.
    RegistaroAdoleskanton sola parolanto de la internacia lingvo Esperanto! Aliĝu mi!


    Also my Tumblr: 8thgradesatanist.tumblr.com



  6. #6
    HelpDude is offline
    (Call me Thi)
    Member
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2011
    Location
    Down the street, turning the corner.
    Gender
    Posts
    162

    Default Re: Plea

    The argument for the "Soul" thinging is:

    Those genius, such Einstein, Newton, great writers, great philoshophers, etc. just were geniuses because of their "souls"
    But first, we have to know, in the most scientific way, what is the purpose of the soul and what happens.
    God(you name it) made a soul for every living being.The human soul is different because we reincarnate in new human beings.
    When we deincarnate(I only know those terms in another leguage)(a.k.a. Dies), our spirit goes to another dimension, a dimension closer to the "Realm of God".In there, your soul, the spirit, you "you", goes again to the realm of the incarny for the only and simple purpose of learning.When the spirit reborn in our world, it comes with a "knowledge package", but "sleeping".
    Here we return to the "genius factor", as said before.Geniuses are geniuses not because of their "bigger brain", because if they were, they won't be different from us as a bigger vegetable is more special than the others, and their special inteligence is neither the fruit of a "Touch of God", because saying this, is the same as saying that God is partial, wich is wrong, so the only answer would be that they have a bigger "knowledge package" then their contenporanies.

  7. #7
    Moderator Dolphus Raymond's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 12th, 2006
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Posts
    17,822

    Default Re: Plea

    Quote Originally Posted by HelpDude View Post
    The argument for the "Soul" thinging is:

    Those genius, such Einstein, Newton, great writers, great philoshophers, etc. just were geniuses because of their "souls"
    But first, we have to know, in the most scientific way, what is the purpose of the soul and what happens.
    God(you name it) made a soul for every living being.The human soul is different because we reincarnate in new human beings.
    When we deincarnate(I only know those terms in another leguage)(a.k.a. Dies), our spirit goes to another dimension, a dimension closer to the "Realm of God".In there, your soul, the spirit, you "you", goes again to the realm of the incarny for the only and simple purpose of learning.When the spirit reborn in our world, it comes with a "knowledge package", but "sleeping".
    Here we return to the "genius factor", as said before.Geniuses are geniuses not because of their "bigger brain", because if they were, they won't be different from us as a bigger vegetable is more special than the others, and their special inteligence is neither the fruit of a "Touch of God", because saying this, is the same as saying that God is partial, wich is wrong, so the only answer would be that they have a bigger "knowledge package" then their contenporanies.
    That's not an argument for a soul. That's an explanation for how you believe the soul works, with no evidence for why you believe it, or why anyone else should.

    You're at least right that intelligence is not solely a function of brain size, although you're probably right about that by coincidence.
    "There are two things I know about white people: They love Matchbox 20, and they're terrified of curses."

  8. #8
    Aelius is offline
    (Marc)
    Sir Marcus Aelius; Atheist Praefectus of GovTeen Member Aelius's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2006
    Location
    Cambridge, Ontario
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Posts
    4,463

    Default Re: Plea

    Quote Originally Posted by HelpDude View Post
    The argument for the "Soul" thinging is:

    Those genius, such Einstein, Newton, great writers, great philoshophers, etc. just were geniuses because of their "souls"
    What makes you think that there exists a soul in the first place? Geniuses are geniuses because their brains make them particularly intelligent. There's nothing "spiritual" about brains.

    But first, we have to know, in the most scientific way, what is the purpose of the soul and what happens.
    God(you name it) made a soul for every living being.The human soul is different because we reincarnate in new human beings.
    Demonstrate it. You're just making claims without any evidence. Provide evidence. EVIDENCE.

    When we deincarnate(I only know those terms in another leguage)(a.k.a. Dies), our spirit goes to another dimension, a dimension closer to the "Realm of God".
    Where is the evidence for this?

    In there, your soul, the spirit, you "you", goes again to the realm of the incarny for the only and simple purpose of learning.
    Evidence please.

    When the spirit reborn in our world, it comes with a "knowledge package", but "sleeping".
    Where is the evidence supporting this claim?

    Geniuses are geniuses not because of their "bigger brain", because if they were, they won't be different from us as a bigger vegetable is more special than the others,
    No one is claiming geniuses are smart because their brains are bigger. Geniuses are smart because the neurons in their brain operate a little differently than they do for the normal population.

    and their special inteligence is neither the fruit of a "Touch of God",
    PROVIDE EVIDENCE.

  9. #9
    HelpDude is offline
    (Call me Thi)
    Member
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2011
    Location
    Down the street, turning the corner.
    Gender
    Posts
    162

    Default Re: Plea

    Quote Originally Posted by Aelius View Post
    Geniuses are smart because the neurons in their brain operate a little differently than they do for the normal population.
    How ?
    And I can't have a tangible evidence to show you because the soul, the spirit, the energy and all aren't material and can't exist here by it's own, it needs something that makes it stay here, like someone that summons a spirit, for the weaker ones, the energy must come from a medium.

  10. #10
    Aelius is offline
    (Marc)
    Sir Marcus Aelius; Atheist Praefectus of GovTeen Member Aelius's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2006
    Location
    Cambridge, Ontario
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Posts
    4,463

    Default Re: Plea

    Quote Originally Posted by HelpDude View Post
    How ?
    And I can't have a tangible evidence to show you because the soul, the spirit, the energy and all aren't material and can't exist here by it's own, it needs something that makes it stay here, like someone that summons a spirit, for the weaker ones, the energy must come from a medium.
    Then why the fuck do you believe it's true if it's impossible to actually demonstrate it?

    If I told you that invisible pixies are holding the Earth up in empty space, would you believe me? No you wouldn't, because there's no evidence to support that claim. Then why the hell do you believe in souls and spirits?

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2012
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Posts
    524

    Default Re: Plea

    HD, you are trying to argue with a man whose mind is like a steel trap- rusted and frozen closed from years of not thinking.

  12. #12
    HelpDude is offline
    (Call me Thi)
    Member
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2011
    Location
    Down the street, turning the corner.
    Gender
    Posts
    162

    Default Re: Plea

    Quote Originally Posted by Aelius View Post
    Then why the fuck do you believe it's true if it's impossible to actually demonstrate it?

    If I told you that invisible pixies are holding the Earth up in empty space, would you believe me? No you wouldn't, because there's no evidence to support that claim. Then why the hell do you believe in souls and spirits?
    Because there is neither an evidence that proves it don't.

    Also, you don't answered to my question...

  13. #13
    Aelius is offline
    (Marc)
    Sir Marcus Aelius; Atheist Praefectus of GovTeen Member Aelius's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2006
    Location
    Cambridge, Ontario
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Posts
    4,463

    Default Re: Plea

    Quote Originally Posted by HelpDude View Post
    Because there is neither an evidence that proves it don't.
    Except there are many things that are possible but that don't have evidence disproving them. Do you have evidence disproving my claim that invisible fairies are holding the Earth up in space?

    Also, you don't answered to my question...
    I'm not going to do your Googling for you. Try Googling "neuroscience intelligence".

  14. #14
    HelpDude is offline
    (Call me Thi)
    Member
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2011
    Location
    Down the street, turning the corner.
    Gender
    Posts
    162

    Default Re: Plea

    Quote Originally Posted by Aelius View Post
    Except there are many things that are possible but that don't have evidence disproving them. Do you have evidence disproving my claim that invisible fairies are holding the Earth up in space?



    I'm not going to do your Googling for you. Try Googling "neuroscience intelligence".
    If you don't google my arguments I'm not doing that for yours.

    What things are those ?

  15. #15
    Moderator Dolphus Raymond's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 12th, 2006
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Posts
    17,822

    Default Re: Plea

    You did not answer his question of why you believe one evidence-free hypothesis above other evidence-free hypotheses.

    In fact, that was my question too...

    Quote Originally Posted by HelpDude View Post
    If you don't google my arguments I'm not doing that for yours.

    What things are those ?
    Are you asking him to explain the neuroscience behind intelligence in a GovTeen post?
    "There are two things I know about white people: They love Matchbox 20, and they're terrified of curses."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •