(David)

Default How to tell if a shy girl likes you?

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    I like this girl but I don't know if she likes me. She isn't really that shy but she is sometimes a little quieter around me. So what are some signs that she likes me? Thanks

• Advertising

(Afraid to Leave Stoop)
    My Diary
    ( 1 )

Default Re: How to tell if a shy girl likes you?

Oh dear. I'm sure you'll get far more helpful answers from others, but I never know how to answer these questions. The way people show emotions differs so significantly from person to person that to guess how you can tell whether or not she likes you is like, to me, asking for the impossible. I mean, the typical things to look for would be if she laughs at all of your jokes no matter how stupid they are, if she touches you a lot, or if you catch her looking at you often. Even those can't be relied on, though.

The only way to know for sure without her randomly coming up to you and telling you is to tell her you like her and see what she says.
    Former Current H&A/H&D Moderator

(Mark (well duh))

Does she try and get near you? You know, get into your circle of friends, just happen to spend time near you and so on. That's always a good sign.
    Hey there!
    I'm Mark. You can call me ... Mark. I'll find a screenname some other day. Or not.
    ^Update - I still haven't^
    aussie/16/go figure.
    There is a time and a place for everything. Sometimes now is not the time, nor the place. Sometimes it can be both.
    The brain is actually the largest sexual organ
    http://forums.govteen.com/p101-teen-...ml#post5811258
    -Brian2101

My Diary
    ( 1 )

Thatís hard to say if she likes you or not with just knowing she is quieter when around you. Is she really shy? There are different variations of shy, and it is hard to say whether she likes you or not. Everyone acts differently when they like someone, if she treats you differently than the rest of the guys, she might like you in that way. If you know one of her friends who knows how she acts towards guys she likes, then maybe ask that friendís opinion on the situation. Her friend could also help you two get together. You could go up to her and tell her you like her. It doesnít necessarily mean sheíll tell you if she likes you or not back, but maybe youíll get a hint to if she does or not. Just ask her if she likes you back, after you tell her, then you may get your answer. Itís hard to tell if she really thinks of you in that way because everyone is different when they like someone.

She could be nervous and seem a little shaky, laugh quite a bit, not talk much, talk a lot, fidgets, smiles a lot, makes eye contact, looks to the side, gets close, touches you, covers her hair over her face, tucks her hair behind her ears, blush, flirt, twirls her hair, plays with her phone or item near by, hang around you a lot, seem like she is avoiding you yet still stays close, etc. There are many things a girl can do when she likes a guy, but it's hard to tell what she does without really knowing her.

(Mark-o)

Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    Oh dear. I'm sure you'll get far more helpful answers from others, but I never know how to answer these questions. The way people show emotions differs so significantly from person to person that to guess how you can tell whether or not she likes you is like, to me, asking for the impossible. I mean, the typical things to look for would be if she laughs at all of your jokes no matter how stupid they are, if she touches you a lot, or if you catch her looking at you often. Even those can't be relied on, though.

The only way to know for sure without her randomly coming up to you and telling you is to tell her you like her and see what she says.
    True.
    But all that things she can do because syou are friends or just simply because she is like that, it may be her normal behaviour.
    So, like you said - there is no way to be absolutely sure what other person feel

(David)

Thanks for the answers. But I've also noticed that she stands like right next to me and in my personal space. Like in P.E. we have to do these stretches and exercises and stuff and we all have different groups and we have to stand in line and she is in my group and stands right behind me. So i've noticed that she will literally be right in my personal space, and she is literally almost touching me, and we have plenty of space too. And then I noticed that when i would walk away when she was doing that(it was in gym and i didn't want to get a boner) she would slowly move over next to me and would be so close as to almost touching me again. She doesn't really do this with anybody else. So does this mean she likes me?

My Diary
    ( 1 )

I say just ask her, that’s the one way you will know for sure. Does everyone stand pretty close together when doing P.E. exercise warm-ups? Does she not know many people in the class? Sometimes shier people stand closer to the ones they know better. She doesn’t seem shy when she is standing that close to you. Do you talk to her often? If she talks to you quite a bit, she may like you or she may feel more comfortable around you than others. Just ask her and you will know.

My Diary
    ( 1 )

From my experience, it's impossible to tell. Girls are hard enough to read as it is, and shy girls are even worse. I had to confess my feelings...and let's just say it turns she didn't like me.

My Diary
    ( 1 )

Quote Originally Posted by Ultros
    Girls are hard enough to read as it is, and shy girls are even worse.
    Sorry we make it so tough for all of you. Yeah, mainly the one way is to be direct and ask. That way she doesn't have a way to dance around the situation. Talk to her more and then ask her. It's better to know than not know at all.