Default what's a good 6-month anniversary gift?

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    hey all-

i'm looking for a nice gift to give to my gf for our 6 months coming up in a few weeks. i don't want anything expensive, mainly because i can't afford it haha but seriously, i want the thought to count more than the price tag. any ideas for something i can make? or maybe personalize?

and before i get flamed, yes, i know gifts are supposed to come from the heart. right now all i'm looking for is an idea and when i start on it, you can be sure all my work will be heartfelt.

TIA.

• Advertising

Default Re: what's a good 6-month anniversary gift?

A big bunch of flowers and choclates?

(Tracy)

If you know her taste in music pretty well, why not make a mixed CD? Or a collage with pics of you two & things that you have in common? You can go cheap & still be sentimental :-)
    ~SilverDream~

Dream as if you'll live forever; live as if you'll die today.

(Jen)

Think about the inside jokes that you share, the intimate conversations you've had and dreams that you've talked about. Then, choose something from there. When people say that gifts should come from the heart, they don't only mean the effort you put into it, but also where the idea comes from. Flowers and chocolates isn't going to mean as much to her as something that shows you listened when she spoke and cared to remember it.

Some gifts my boyfriend has made me include 2 1/2 foot tall lamp post that really lights up as a tribute to a dream I told him about where we were sitting in a cafe in Paris under the light of a lamp post, a fish tank/fish after seeing Finding Nemo and talking about how I'd love to have fish, a journal with an engraved plaque on the front of song lyrics that mean a lot to both of us, so that I can write my poetry in it, a used nintendo system because I never had one when I was a kid and love Mario games, a huge tube of gummy bears because they're my favourite candy...

As you can see, none of those gifts are something he could go online and search for. They are things that came from listening to me and getting/creating something he knew that I'd like, rather than something he knew a girl might like. So think about the time you've spend together, the things you laughed about together, the things you've talked about, and go from there.
    "He lay on his bed at night listening to the silver light of stars crashing against the window screen" -- Anne Carson

Words

(Tric)

jen has it down.

what i did for my 6 month anniversary had to do with a joke my boyfriend and i shared about the muppets. i made him a kerrmit the frog puppet. he found it soo hilarious, but most of all, sweet that i remember this joke and thought of him.
    i think the cost of making the puppet was like less then $15 & i got him a muppet dvd as well.

his gift was simple, but could not have been better. our 6 month annirversay was in winter, and we met over the summer, so he decorated his room in summer stuff and put on summer music, had the heat WAY up, and had all these things from our relationship that occured over the summer. i was so touched!

remember this celebration is about you and her... so make it personal =)

We didn't exchange gifts or anything of that sort for 6 months..but when 9 months rolled around I wrote him a very personal list of Reasons Why I Loved Him, it worked well because he always told me everything he liked about me and I never really did or don't express myself all that well.
    He said it was better than any gift a person could buy...
    Do something that is specific to your relationship and what you two have going on..
    Life doesn't have to be perfect
    To be wonderful

I'd go for a montage of pics, easy and cheap to do and can be very effective
    I eat n00bs

Monstar

(Maggie)

my boyfriend got me a ring
    And everytime you kiss me, kiss me like you'll never see me again.

99 Problems Prick, Don't Become The 100th One.

I would say maybe some sort of heart pendent and chain... Which is pretty easy... My first thought was maybe a picture frame or an album that has been engraved with both of your names...

I know a lot of my friends have cooked for each other for special occassions... If you cook for her make it something unique and special... Something she'll deff remember, like her favorite foods etc...

If you are not feelin any of my other ideas, did u ever think of making her a memory book of the two of you? As in get a big binder and decorate pages for special occassions in your relationship together... Make a page for the day you asked her out, then make one for your first date etc.. Its not that expensive and this deff comes right from the heart. A local craft store will help you make a very special scrap book, leave some pages blank to show her that you're relationship will keep growing and growing...

If your musically enclined maybe write her a song... If you're artistically capable maybe draw her something and frame it...

Actually, I think what would be very sweet, is to take a large photo frame, and at the top of a piece of paper put a pic of the two of you, then under it and in sort of a collage theme, put words and phrases that describe the two of you all over the page... Frame it and give it to her...
    NO JUMPS NO GLORY KNOWS JUMPS KNOWS GLORY!!
    Live Everyday to the Fullest!!
    Equestrian Sports, Have you got what it takes?
    HUNTER/JUMPER!!!
    Equitation Riders Have it ALL TOGETHER!!!

I'd say a dinner. Maybe, if that. 6 months isnt a lot, but if she really cares, take her our for a semi-nice dinner (or nice if you can afford it) and just show her a good time. You dont need to get all fancy about it, its not a wedding anniversary.

(Jen)

Quote Originally Posted by ourmodernred
    I'd say a dinner. Maybe, if that. 6 months isnt a lot, but if she really cares, take her our for a semi-nice dinner (or nice if you can afford it) and just show her a good time. You dont need to get all fancy about it, its not a wedding anniversary.
    This is a good point actually. My boyfriend and I have never exchanged gifts on any "anniversary" other than the year markers. You don't need to go all out for this. Just quietly acknowledging it and spending some time with her should be plenty.
    "He lay on his bed at night listening to the silver light of stars crashing against the window screen" -- Anne Carson

Words

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian
    This is a good point actually. My boyfriend and I have never exchanged gifts on any "anniversary" other than the year markers. You don't need to go all out for this. Just quietly acknowledging it and spending some time with her should be plenty.
    Exactly, 6 months isn't a huge deal. There's no need to buy her jewelry or some big present, cause if you do that for 6 months, what do you do for a year, two years... if you bought her jewelry at 6 months? Start small, do something special, make something special, take her out somewhere, enjoy being together.
    Life doesn't have to be perfect
    To be wonderful