Thread: College BF

Default College BF

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    ok my boyfriend is 3 years older than i am... I am going to be a Junior in High School and he will be a freshmen at College...3 hours away. Does anyone else have this problem (BF off at college quite a ways away)... should i keep trying to make it work or since he will be so far away let him go?
    sorry i forgot to mention weve been friends for a long time and right now hes still at home...hes leaving in a month

I havent talked to him yet about it but i was hoping to get a few opinions first
    People are stupid

Eat...Sleep...Swim...the rest of life is just details

You gotta love the sport and go for the gold. The heart of a champion lies beneath a swimsuit .

• Advertising

Default Re: College BF

Well it depnds if he's a bf worth keeping. Do u luv him?
    Whore=200$ (just a guess...)

Dildo=20$ (y buy one wen u can use da real thing)

Von-dutch condom=6$(wat a rip off)

LOVE=PRICELESS

(Snitsky)

personally i dont think long distance relationships work...
    I will always love you no matter what happens...
    You will always be my hero and a special person in my life...

Always love and appreciate what's close to you...
    ...it could one day disappear

Quote Originally Posted by Faggot.
    Easy, bbz ;D. True. Sept you're all like "RAWR GYM MAN" and I'm all weedy. You could, like, snap me. I guess that'd be kinda hot. Yeah, no, I'd be OK with that.
    What a faggot

Quote Originally Posted by Funteen
    Well it depnds if he's a bf worth keeping. Do u luv him?
    well the truth is ive only been my bf for like a week but we've been friends for a long time before and even though its only been a week it seems like things are getting kinda serious maybe so as to answer your question i dunno if i love him or not
    People are stupid

You gotta love the sport and go for the gold. The heart of a champion lies beneath a swimsuit .

(Jen)

In my opinion, it's rather silly to begin a relationship long distance. To me, long distance only makes sense when you have enough of the relationship behind you to have a pre-established level of trust, communication, honesty and commitment, and when you can see the relationship becoming a non-long distance relationship in the future. That, and you're 15. Why should you put your life on hold because things might work out with this guy? Truth be told, you might not discover much about your compatibility until the relationship becomes non-long distance and you're spending more time together.

My advice would be to end it before things get too serious, with the understanding that if the circumstances change and you're both still interested you can start things up against. Until then, live your life without being afraid to see what else is out there. But that's just my opinion.
    "He lay on his bed at night listening to the silver light of stars crashing against the window screen" -- Anne Carson

Words

(Alyssa)

If you love him enough and really think it would work then i'd say go for it, but if your not too serious then i wouldn't bother.

SEX: Female

SEXUALITY: Straight

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian
    In my opinion, it's rather silly to begin a relationship long distance. To me, long distance only makes sense when you have enough of the relationship behind you to have a pre-established level of trust, communication, honesty and commitment, and when you can see the relationship becoming a non-long distance relationship in the future. That, and you're 15. Why should you put your life on hold because things might work out with this guy? Truth be told, you might not discover much about your compatibility until the relationship becomes non-long distance and you're spending more time together.

My advice would be to end it before things get too serious, with the understanding that if the circumstances change and you're both still interested you can start things up against. Until then, live your life without being afraid to see what else is out there. But that's just my opinion.

sorry i forgot to mention weve been friends for a long time and right now hes still at home...hes leaving in a month
    People are stupid

(Lizzie)

In my experience long distance relationships dont last. But if you think it might then give it a go, but I dont see the point in setting yourself up for a fall if you dont have too.
    JESUS CHRIST, ITS A LION! GET IN THE CAR!

>:3

(Sparty)

I don't even think it is a problem really, except for the long Distance part.

(Jen)

Quote Originally Posted by crayola21
    My advice still stands. Being friends with someone and being in a relationship with them is completely different. Different issues matter, different things cause fights. Trust is more important. Honesty is more important. Communication is more important. Loyalty is more important.

He's going through a huge stage in his life, and it's going to be awfully hard for him to stay committed to you when you don't even have a solid relationship behind you. And while a month might seem like a long time, it hardly is in the grand scheme of things. The two of you are going your separate ways, and there's nothing wrong with that. In my opinion, since you've been friends for such a long time, what's wrong with staying friends? Perhaps seeing each other and going on casual dates when he's in town if you're both single, and keeping in contact without all the pressure of making a relationship work.
    "He lay on his bed at night listening to the silver light of stars crashing against the window screen" -- Anne Carson

Words

(Max Powers)

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian
    My advice still stands. Being friends with someone and being in a relationship with them is completely different. Different issues matter, different things cause fights. Trust is more important. Honesty is more important. Communication is more important. Loyalty is more important.

He's going through a huge stage in his life, and it's going to be awfully hard for him to stay committed to you when you don't even have a solid relationship behind you. And while a month might seem like a long time, it hardly is in the grand scheme of things. The two of you are going your separate ways, and there's nothing wrong with that. In my opinion, since you've been friends for such a long time, what's wrong with staying friends? Perhaps seeing each other and going on casual dates when he's in town if you're both single, and keeping in contact without all the pressure of making a relationship work.
    Interesting.. because my relationship started out the exact same way... and nothing bad happened...

(Jen)

I never said that exceptions don't exist. Hell, most high school relationships don't last and I've been with my high school sweet heart for over 5 years now. I know all about exceptions. I've also seen so many long distance relationships split up over the past two years while one person started college and the other didn't, and that's where my advice comes from.

Words