Default Can't distinguish dreams and reality

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    Okay, so this really has me worried as something not mentally healthy! I'll go to bed at night and, let's just say, I dream about there being a party coming up. When I wake up the next morning, I am adamant in my mind that this "party" is going to be happen when in reality I just dreamed it. What is happening?

• Advertising

Default Re: Can't distinguish dreams and reality

Quote Originally Posted by B387 View Post
    Okay, so this really has me worried as something not mentally healthy! I'll go to bed at night and, let's just say, I dream about there being a party coming up. When I wake up the next morning, I am adamant in my mind that this "party" is going to be happen when in reality I just dreamed it. What is happening?
    It's not unusual to wake up after an intense dream and need a few moments to readjust back to normal reality.

Honestly, unless you're walking around all day assuming that your dreams are reality, I wouldn't worry about it. I wake up from dreams all the time and briefly think that what happened in the dream really took place

But, I have done just that. I sometimes walk around all day thinking something I dreamed was real. Even now I am unsure whether this rumour I heard was something real or dreamt.

(Adam)
    RESPECT THE BADGE Member Renegade16's Avatar

Ahhhhh it's making me think to hard!! What if all this is a dream! And when we wake up from this we are actually still a baby and have to live life all over again!!! Agghhhhhhhhfgfhgehfgdhshegehedvbrrihbsiysiwh!!!!!! !!!!

(Deshaun)
    Mr. Benevolence Member shounen_hato's Avatar

Default Can't distinguish dreams and reality

You will be fine. A lot of people have the problem where there dreams are so real that there brains are somewhat confused with them as memories. The brain really doesn't store our dreams as memories as dreams are the result of the brain organizing itself. However, if the brain happens to do so you can perceive them as memories. More than likely you will come out of it eventually and your brain will stop. Of it persists then talk to a doctor.

The only thing that matters is that we have no regrets, right?
    Love is like art, something truly exceptional.

Follow Me On Twitter: @My21Heartbeats

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade16 View Post
    Ahhhhh it's making me think to hard!! What if all this is a dream! And when we wake up from this we are actually still a baby and have to live life all over again!!! Agghhhhhhhhfgfhgehfgdhshegehedvbrrihbsiysiwh!!!!!! !!!!
    You shouldn't really care about things beyond your power. I don't see a point in worrying yourself over things that are impossible to change.

Thread Information