Default Red, Swollen and painful foreskin.

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    Hi guys.

I woke up today and my foreskin was swollen quite a bit and it's itchy and painful.

The actual head of my penis and glands, are fine though, the discomfort and swollen area is only the foreskin.

Is is balanitis or something?

I have washed it and dried the foreskin. If it doesn't improve by tomorrow should I go to the doctor?

• Advertising

Default Re: Red, Swollen and painful foreskin.

Balanatis is swelling of the glans, so it's not that. Chances are it's just irritation. The penis is sensitive; it happens. Don't wash it too vigorously, and you might want to avoid soap or friction.

It's been less than 24 hours? Just give it some time. Irritation is really not, by itself, a worrisome symptom. If this has never happened before, chances are it will go away within a day or two and will not recur.
    "There are two things I know about white people: They love Matchbox 20, and they're terrified of curses."

Oh okay, thanks man.

It's very swollen now, the foreskin is ballooning heaps.

Swelling and irritation alone is not going to do you any harm. Again, chances are it's just irritation. If it continues to get worse, or doesn't get better by tomorrow morning, it might be an infection. Worst-case scenario is probably some antibiotics from your doctor.

For now, I'd just assume it's irritation and try not to touch it too much. Treat it like you would any other skin on your body. No reason to freak out just because it's your penis.
    "There are two things I know about white people: They love Matchbox 20, and they're terrified of curses."

The People's Administrator Jorge's Avatar
    My Diary
    ( 1 )
    Album
    Member Photo Albums

I once had a case of this; let's just say my masturbation technique was too rough to do without lubricant...

But I agree with Alcon, in general it should clear up on its own, but you are the best judge to decide if it's bad enough to need medical attention. For me it improved within a day/night.
    Administrator
    Diary |
    FORWARD
    Have a complaint? We want to hear it.

Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They invent. They imagine. They heal. They explore. They create. They inspire. They push the human race forward. Maybe they have to be crazy. How else can you stare at an empty canvas and see a work of art? Or sit in silence and hear a song that's never been written? Or gaze at a red planet and see a laboratory on wheels? While some see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones that do.

Okay, so it's 1 day later.

The swelling has reduced quite a lot, yet the foreskin is still read and there was pus in it last night. It's not that painful anymore, it's just itchy.

But yeah, it's definitely improved from yesterday.