Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Shuya Nanahara)

Lightbulb Drinking Nothing But Water...

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    Is drinking nothing but water for a long period of time ,
    absoloutley nothing else actually healthy for your body ?

Is it possible to live with this one drink ?

Are there any side effects to drinking just water ?

And what effects will water have on my skin ?
    17.Bi.

• Advertising

(Michael)

Default Re: Drinking Nothing But Water...

It is possible to live of course. You should drink about 8 glasses of water a day (few people do). There shouldn't be any side effects unless you drink too much in a short period of time, which would cause water intoxication. But as long as your just drinking the same amount of liquids and substitutig water for a coke your fine. Drinking milk for calcium however should be considered.
    Custom Face by Kerrick

(Paulina)

of course drinking just water is fine!
    its what humans are made to drink.

(Shuya Nanahara)

Thanks for your replies ,
    What would you suggest is an ideal Drinking routine ?
    not a routine per se but ...
    What are the ideal most beneficial drinks to consume for human health ?
    17.Bi.

Water is in every drink, it is perfectly safe to be the only drink you consume, as long as you maintain a balanced diet with your water. Milk products are an important part of a diet, and many people drink milk to get thier fill, but there are other options for dairy consumption. Drinking with your meals and keeping water at hand will not only be a good idea, but could help manage your hunger. A lot of times a good drink of water can manage a hunger urge.

The important drinks we should consume as a part of a balanced diet include water, milks, and juices. All drinks contain water...and the groups milk and juice are in can have thier daily requirements fulfilled by other foods, especially in the case of juices. Many times, a whole fruit or vegetable-equivalent of a juice can be better for you. Juices can be very sugar rich, especially in an effort to make them more appealing. Yes, fruits are high in sugar too, but it is not added, and there are other things like fiber found in some fruits that the juice may not have. Milk is an important part of calcium and vitamin D consumption (many milks have it added). Vitamin D in the body helps to process calcium, and is also produced when we spend time in the sun. Artificial sources of calcium and vitamin D, like vitamin pills, are not as easily ingested and processed in the body as in milk or milk products. Milk is one of the easiest ways to get your dairy requirements as well as important nutrients that play an essential role in the body. It will also allow your body to use these vitamins and minerals more effectively.

Former Health and Development/Help and Advice Moderator
    Retired G-Mod

drinking water is healthy but don't overdo it. it can deplete your electrolytes from too much urination. drink only when your thirsty or even just a few when your not. the whole 8 glasses a day is not for everyone. studies show that you can live healthily with less. it all depends on your body.

you should also drink milk and fruit juices but avoid whole milk and high sugar juices.

you skin will benefit from the hydration that water brings.

(Shuya Nanahara)

Thankyou for all your detailed supplies , you have really helped me reconsider my diet =]

Fruit juices , water and milk here i come !
    17.Bi.

(Travis)

Just stay away from sugar juices and soda and you should be fine. Water doesn't have any nutrients your body needs, but it is very important to get anyways. So, yes, like other have been saying, drink Milk also, so you'll be getting both water and important Vitamins and Calcium you need.

Water has amazing side effects. Depending on how much you drink from a period of time to another period of time, water is always good for you. Water cleans the body naturally. Studies have shown that people who drink water have a healthy metabolism and it even improves when drinking water. Studies have also shown that, if you want to lose weight, cut the soda and those sugary diets and drink water. Water is the success to losing weight, along with a balanced diet and good exercise. And, if you drink water your less likely to have acne and other skin annoyances that you have to deal with most, if not all of your life. People who drink lots of water also have healthier and softer skin. Also, people who drink lots of water also grow at a much more healthier rate.
    My avatar is NOT ME! It's the sexiest man alive, Ryan Sheckler. What a BABE he is! *drool*

I'm here to give advice and share my own personal experiences..

17\m/Gay

(Jeffrey L. Whitaker)
    GovMedic

I like what Alex had to say regarding too much water. The condition is called hyponatremia. Drinking only water is not healthy. Some folks use this type of diet as a way to detoxify. Usually this is done for 1-3 days. The idea is to allow your body an opportunity to use up all the readily available energy sources. The hope is that all the "leftover" energy sources in the end organs will be used an essentially clean out the system. Some folks suggest that leftovers can hide out in organs like the liver for many months or even years.

This is, of course, not a diet I would suggest for a teen. Too much going on right now to starve yourself of the essential nutrients. Adults should not use this type of diet without first chatting with their family physician.

JW
    Jeffrey L. Whitaker, B.Sc., Program Director
    Outdoor Achievement Group, L.L.C.
    Nature-Based Behavior Therapy & Family Transition Solutions

(Malika al-Layl)
    Somewhere 'twixt a rock and a hard place.

Quote Originally Posted by irishman View Post
    You should drink about 8 glasses of water a day (few people do).
    Uh, no. That is not a medically valid fact. A human should drink enough water to replace fluid loss. Water is found in all liquids we drink, and most foods. A human need only drink when thirsty. And it needn't be water. Any liquid will really do, as far as hydration is concerned. Water really more of a best choice, as it hydrates without imparting extra calories into the body.
    Human beings are the only animals that copulate while facing Obsidian Butterfly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus
    Mrow! I like a girl who's willing to work for it... and isn't afraid to commit a class B felony in the process.

Melissa, gov bitch since GoVirtual!
    I just whined about my 401k. I'm old.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ali-
    All worship Melissa.
    ابسديان بترفلاي

Banned

I read somewhere that you should drink 2L of water every day, not sure if it's true but it sounds about right.

(Stockton)

I drink 64 ounces of water per day. It is easy. I always want something to drink nearby and keep a 64 ounce jug of water in the refridgerator at all times. Of course, I drink milk, juice, and Dr. Pepper, as well. I want the nutrients and antioxidants from juice and the calcium and protein from milk. Dr. Pepper, that's just for pleasure and surely not very good for me. I wish they would at least use real sugar. Screw high-fructose corn syrup.

(Sparty)

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Butterfly View Post
    Uh, no. That is not a medically valid fact. A human should drink enough water to replace fluid loss. Water is found in all liquids we drink, and most foods. A human need only drink when thirsty. And it needn't be water. Any liquid will really do, as far as hydration is concerned. Water really more of a best choice, as it hydrates without imparting extra calories into the body.
    Anything but something caffeinated and containing alcohol

(Tyler)

doesnt it kill you if you drink to much eventually?
    SMS MAN...
    #22, runningback and stRong safety
    govhomey - ringberar

YOU'RE MY MISSISSIPPI

yeah, drinking just water is better! all drinks contain water and your body will separate it from other things within the drink in the gut.

Drinking too much is bad for you because you could get water intoxication and your red blood cells in your blood will expand filling with water to the point that they will burst, this could result in death.

Not enough water and your blood cells will shrivel up and die.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast