Default i dont get hungry

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    i know this might sound stupid but i dont gey hungry i dont have breakfast lunch and dinner i just eat when i feel like it but i really dont get hungry,ive been like this for some years now i feel drained of energy often this i can assume is because i dont eat much but,if i dont get hungry how can i be needing food more often? what do i do? whts wrong with me plz help

• Advertising

Default Re: i dont get hungry

btw i usualy eat about 1 and a half to 2 meals a day

If you feel drained its a matter of energy. Spread your meals out. Have something small in the morning versus nothing, without any calories to run on you will get fatigued.

So even if youre not hungry, have two pieces of toast and some milk or orange juice. You'll be less likely to feel drained.

Former Health and Development/Help and Advice Moderator
    Retired G-Mod

Banned

I would suggest that you get into a routine of having three meals a day, but they all don't have to be big. For example, for breakfast just eat a banana or drink some milk so that you will have something in your system. Perhaps for lunch you can have a sandwich or a salad, and for dinner you can have a large meal. No matter what you really should space out your meals throughout the day so that your body will have something from which to get energy.

While getting into this routine will be tough at first, you will eventually get used to it. It is not healthy to have an empty stomach throughout the day, and you have to make sure that you are getting enough nutrition. At very least, you don't want your puberty to be messed up by not having eaten properly when your body need food to grow.

There are times where you won't be hungry, but it's still important to feed yourself so you don't become fatigued. Breakfast is one of those times. I agree with Ali (Divine) 100%.

You're eating 1.5-2 meals per day, but that might be enough if those are big meals or if you're short. Plus, there are probably snacks somewhere inbetween. If you're getting at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables, at least 5 servings of grains, and at least a few servings of protein, you're probably doing fine. And if you're close (say, only 3-4 servings of fruits and veggies per day), you're not doing that badly, and a few minor tweaks can fix your problem.

I'd reccomend counting calories for a couple days, too. You don't tell us what your age or gender is, but generally speaking, teens need anywhere from 2000 to 3000 calories per day depending on those factors. Some days it may be more, others it may be less. What you should do is see roughly how many calories you eat in a day. If it's close to 2000 or within the given range, you're probably fine. But if it's consistantly really low (i.e. 1500 one day, 1700 the next, 1400 the following day), then there may be some underlying issue. If that's the case, you should talk to a doctor or nutritionist and consider scheduling an appointment.
    hehe
    p101 moderator

Thread Information