(Emylee)

Default Still bleeding 3 days after unprotected sex

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    Sunday night I had sex for the first time in a LONG time. It hurt like hell. Anyway, it's several days later and I'm still bleeding. I mean, I'm not GUSHING blood, but if I press up on myself with toilet paper or something, it'll absorb some blood. Some meaning not a little speck but quite a bit.

As we were having sex I was feeling pretty nauseous and so we cut it short. Now here comes the stupid part. At first he didn't use a condom (don't throw stuff at me, I was drunk as fuck, ok?) and so the next day he was really worried. He took me and we went and bought the morning after pill and I took it, and then 12 hours later I took the second one, just like the directions said. OK. Well, I got so fucking sick. I had a fever and a terrible headache, and well, I felt like I had the flu. I was VERY dehydrated.

I'm not sure if that has something to do with the pill or if I was just sick. Like I said, while we were having sex I was feeling pretty bad.

I feel fine now.. But I'm still bleeding. This isn't good. I need to make a doctors appointment or something, but until I can manage that (I'm poor, have no insurance or transportation, and my parents hate my boyfriend and if they find out I had sex with him they'll kill him) So this isn't going to be an easy task. I hope I'm not dying.

And before you ask, my bf is clean and so am I. I SAW his test results. So no one kill me. =p
    I looked at the caged animals in the shelter...the cast offs of human society. I saw in their eyes love and hope, fear and dread, sadness and betrayal. And I was angry
    "God," I said "this is terrible! Why don't you do something?"
    God was silent for a moment and then He spoke softly "I have done something." He replied, "I created you"
    The Animals' Savior

Young Republican: sexual relations are immoral
    Young Republican: sex should be outlawed
    Young Republican: except to make children
    Young Republican: for wars

• Advertising

Default Re: Still bleeding 3 days after sex

The MAP is known to give side effects. Those are all side effects, and spotting/bleeding is one of them.
    Life doesn't have to be perfect
    To be wonderful

(Emylee)

I was bleeding before I took the pills though.
    I looked at the caged animals in the shelter...the cast offs of human society. I saw in their eyes love and hope, fear and dread, sadness and betrayal. And I was angry
    God was silent for a moment and then He spoke softly "I have done something." He replied, "I created you"
    The Animals' Savior

From sex or from your period?

If you were gushing and bleeding heavily from having sex, I would get that checked out. Period.

But the morning after pill may just have caused you to bleed, so it probbably seems like you're still bleeding from havig sex, when in reality, its the morning after pill that is causing you to spot, not having sex.
    To be wonderful

(Emylee)

I was bleeding from the sex (which isn't too unusual. I'm too small to have sex with some of the guys I do...) but anyway, yes right after I got home after having sex I was bleeding. Like I said, not GUSHING blood, but bleeding. Then the next morning I went out and took the pill. I'm still bleeding. Had I not took the pill, I'm not sure if I would still be bleeding. Maybe it just prolonged it?

Should I call the doctor or wait a few days? I don't have the cash to go to a doctor unless I'm about to die. Literally. I have 20 bucks for the next 2 weeks and I'm a month behind on my rent as is. =\
    The Animals' Savior

Thats what I meant..I highly doubt you're still bleeding from the sex, just taking the MAP makes it seem like you are stil lbleeding because it made you bleed so it appears as if the bleeding from the sex is still going on.

I would wait a few days, there isn't a whole lot that the doctor's can do if you went and saw them. If you're bleeding from sex, they can't do anything except tell you to wait before having sex again, and then odds are they will just associate the bleeding with the EC you took and tell you to wait it out.
    To be wonderful

(Emylee)

dude I'm still bleeding and it isn't a heavy flow like my period.

I'm dying.
    The Animals' Savior

(Jen)

Have you gone to the doctor yet? If not, now's the time. You've waited a week and a half now, any irritation should have healed on it's own by now if you haven't been doing anything that would have re-irritated it. Get it checked out.
    "He lay on his bed at night listening to the silver light of stars crashing against the window screen" -- Anne Carson

Words

(ロビイ)
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    Have you gone to the doctor yet? If not, now's the time. You've waited a week and a half now, any irritation should have healed on it's own by now if you haven't been doing anything that would have re-irritated it. Get it checked out.

oh i didnt notice it had been a week, so sorry

yes you should go to the doctor