Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: 30 Day Shred

(Courtney)
    A place where your life exists before you live it, and where it goes afterwards.
    My Diary
    ( 1 )

Default Re: 30 Day Shred

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash Override View Post
    Hah. These apps just have no faith in people! It's terrible!

And the fact I have to write "J" in huge Sharpie letters on everything I buy at the store is ridiculous. Just sayin'. Might as well try this grocery shopping thing again.
    Well in my experience with the apps, they don't let you be unrealistic. A healthy rate of loss for most people is 2 lb/week or less, so most of the apps are defaulted to not let you lose more than that & that might be why your goal was set so far after you wanted it to be.

Like you said, you've just gotta aim to look & feel good so don't get too concerned about the numbers Use whatever app you want, but also be realistic.

At least by writing your initial on something you get the point across. Hopefully your brother & his friends will have a little more respect this time around!

I tried a new recipe today adapted from one I found on ChocolateCoveredKatie.com - I lessened the amount of sugar she used and swapped a couple ingredients. Here's what I came up with! They were seriously so filling and delicious, I died and went to heaven for a hot second.

Whole Wheat Blueberry-Raspberry Pancakes!
    ~430 calories; makes 2 large, fluffy & filling pancakes
    (Adapted from Blueberry Pie Pancakes)

1/2 cup berries
    1/3 cup whole wheat flour
    2 tbsp quick oats
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    2/3 tsp baking powder
    1/8 tsp sea salt
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 tbsp sugar
    1/3 cup 1% milk
    1 tbsp smart balance omega oil

1. Mix dry ingredients, then add wet. Don’t overmix.
    2. Cook on oiled/sprayed pan on low-medium heat
    3. Top with a big spoonful of nonfat plain Greek yogurt & more berries!
    Boom, baby.
    GONTILC.GONTILC.

I'm not sure that I really ever could
    hold on to a hotel key in a
    bedroom making love
    and go sleep-walking in Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by bsteeper
    I've been thinking about it and it's got to be a much nicer place than heaven. I mean... all the gay men are down there. You KNOW it's well decorated.

laLaLA: horror.

• Advertising

(Justin)
    My Diary
    ( 1 )

I am SO going out and buying those ingredients tomorrow.
    Mess with the best, die like the rest.
    Communities Moderator
    Blogs and Groups Moderator
    Leonardo DiCaprio deserves an Oscar!

(Courtney)
    A place where your life exists before you live it, and where it goes afterwards.
    My Diary
    ( 1 )

I am SO going out and buying those ingredients tomorrow.
    They were SO good. I usually feel bad about eating pancakes but if you do them correctly, they're not so bad for you. Skipping all that butter & syrup definitely gives you a head start! I freaking love Greek yogurt (Chobani is the best brand if you're looking to keep sugar & sodium low) so I find any excuse to use it. It hit the spot on these pancakes - no syrup needed!
    Boom, baby.
    GONTILC.GONTILC.

bedroom making love

I've been thinking about it and it's got to be a much nicer place than heaven. I mean... all the gay men are down there. You KNOW it's well decorated.

(Justin)
    My Diary
    ( 1 )

Honey is a good alternative to syrup!
    Communities Moderator

(Courtney)
    My Diary
    ( 1 )

Honey is a good alternative to syrup!
    True! It all depends on your preference for 'sweet'. Personally I have been trying to turn off my sweet tooth, so I cut down on sugar wherever I can. The original pancake recipe called for 1 tbsp sugar but I cut it in half because I really didn't need it - plus, the berries already add a natural sweetness! Honey is very sweet so I would rather avoid using that. Salty stuff, however, is a different ballgame. I have a really hard time turning down peanut butter...especially if it's melty....
    Boom, baby.
    GONTILC.GONTILC.

bedroom making love

(Justin)
    My Diary
    ( 1 )

Ugh. Peanut butter and Nutella sandwiches.
    Communities Moderator

(Courtney)
    My Diary
    ( 1 )

Ugh. Peanut butter and Nutella sandwiches.
    NUTELLA. I HAVE A BONE TO PICK WITH NUTELLA.

Whoever owns Nutella is getting sued right now because of their advertising. They say in their commercials that Nutella is a great way to nourish your kids, etc. That shit is FALSE. Check out this article. Mom Sues Nutella For False Advertising | So Fresh and So Green The ingredients list is horrible, the nutrition facts are heinous...I avoid it like the plague. I picture all my ex-boyfriend's faces on the jar and I stay the F away.
    Boom, baby.
    GONTILC.GONTILC.

bedroom making love

(Justin)
    My Diary
    ( 1 )

Oh, I learned a while ago it wasn't a good way to nourish my kids. But it still tastes incredible.
    I do quite like your avoidance techniques though.
    Communities Moderator

(Courtney)
    My Diary
    ( 1 )

Oh, I learned a while ago it wasn't a good way to nourish my kids. But it still tastes incredible.
    I do quite like your avoidance techniques though.
    It is completely necessary I thought it wasn't so bad at the beginning of my weight loss journey but then I realized just how terrible it is and how necessary it was for me to give up. I used to crave it, but I never do now.

I have some weird medical stuff that required me to give up chocolate as per doctor's orders (yes, it's fucking terrible to be a woman and have to give up chocolate) so even more reason to avoid nutella. I saved this picture a while ago but now that I can't have chocolate, I figure it might help all you lucky souls who can still enjoy chocolate but want a healthier chocolate spread/nutella alternative.

Boom, baby.
    GONTILC.GONTILC.

bedroom making love

(Ryan)
    My Diary
    ( 1 )

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie. View Post
    NUTELLA. I HAVE A BONE TO PICK WITH NUTELLA.

Whoever owns Nutella is getting sued right now because of their advertising. They say in their commercials that Nutella is a great way to nourish your kids, etc. That shit is FALSE. Check out this article. Mom Sues Nutella For False Advertising | So Fresh and So Green The ingredients list is horrible, the nutrition facts are heinous...I avoid it like the plague. I picture all my ex-boyfriend's faces on the jar and I stay the F away.
    I've gotten into arguments over this with people! Why are they so damn convinced that it's the healthy version of peanut butter?! They pull out the bullshit "Well peanut butter has more fat in it and fat is unhealthy." argument and I'm just like .

It tastes like magic though.

I'm really frustrated. I was doing so good and I had some weird leg issue happen and now I can't do cardio until it's better. It's getting better but I've gained like three pounds while on the couch so much. :/

(Justin)
    My Diary
    ( 1 )

As long as you know it's not good for you and that it tastes amazing, it's all good.
    Communities Moderator

(Justin)
    My Diary
    ( 1 )

Eating generally well in my school's cafe is next to impossible. Doing the calculations, my Sunchips and grilled chicken sandwich was like 625 calories! I should have got up earlier and made a ham sandwich again...
    Communities Moderator

(Courtney)
    My Diary
    ( 1 )

Quote Originally Posted by Shatterpoint View Post
    I've gotten into arguments over this with people! Why are they so damn convinced that it's the healthy version of peanut butter?! They pull out the bullshit "Well peanut butter has more fat in it and fat is unhealthy." argument and I'm just like .

It tastes like magic though.

I'm really frustrated. I was doing so good and I had some weird leg issue happen and now I can't do cardio until it's better. It's getting better but I've gained like three pounds while on the couch so much. :/
    It's because it's advertised as a "great way to start your day" etc. People are so easily swayed by advertising and don't take the time to evaluate foods by their own standards. Most people also don't understand fats (which are "healthy", which you should avoid) and really, carbs are more likely the contributors to body fat, and not actual "fat". Hrm.

Aw man, I totally understand your frustration. Have you been overworking your legs? I recently had a screwy knee thing happen and I can't run. It's so frustrating to have the motivation to work out, but you feel held back because of an injury. The best thing to do is switch up your routine and do something lower impact - cycling, swimming, elliptical, etc. I haven't been able to run in 2 weeks or so and it sucks, but I'd rather address my knee now when the issue is small than when I've totally blown it out by exercising on an injury.

I was going to participate in a Tough Mudder with my boyfriend and his friend, but we decided to cancel our plans and push back when we'll be entering a race because we don't really know what's up with my knee. I felt really bad because I didn't want to hold everyone else back, and also I was really hoping to achieve that goal this year We were supposed to do the race in October, but if I can't train for it, I won't be able to keep up and that would suck. It's a 10-12 mile race with tons of obstacles, so I definitely want to be able to fully train in order to finish the race. This injury came about after one day I ran 6 miles, so if I can't run 6 miles without screwing my knee, I definitely won't be prepared for a 10-12 mile race. I hope you figure out what's going on with your leg soon.

As long as you know it's not good for you and that it tastes amazing, it's all good.
    Eh, I have to argue against that. A lot of people know McDonald's is terrible for them, but they gorge themselves anyway. Just because you have the knowledge doesn't mean you will use it when it can be applied. You can't succeed without applying your nutritional knowledge to your own choices!
    Boom, baby.
    GONTILC.GONTILC.

bedroom making love

(Courtney)
    My Diary
    ( 1 )

Today's epic creation: cauliflower crust pizza.

My family was very hesitant on allowing me to make this for family dinner (yeah, they bitch and moan sometimes even though I cook for them 5/week - go figure). I told them I was doing it anyway because I wanted to try. Here's the recipe I followed for the "dough" and then I added my own toppings - no sugar added tomato sauce, reduced fat part skim mozzarella, ground turkey, peppers, onions, & mushrooms - Cauliflower Crust Pizza {Gourmet Vegetarian Style} | Your Lighter Side. They went BANANAS for this. HATERS GON HATE, another check mark in the "I told you so" column for me. This gluten-free (flourless) pizza is a great healthy alternative to regular pizza. There is quite a lot of cheese in it, but if that's not a problem for you, GO FOR IT. I promise, you'll love it.

Boom, baby.
    GONTILC.GONTILC.

bedroom making love

(Justin)
    My Diary
    ( 1 )

I love my meat. I know the point is to be vegetarian, but do you think grilled chicken would go good on that?
    Communities Moderator

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast