Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Clitoral Hood

Question Clitoral Hood

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    Okay... I know this might sound a bit odd, but I've recently come to wonder about the size of my clitoral hood (the flap of skin covering the clitorus). Even when unaroused, or with my thigs 'clamped together' so to speak, my clitoral hood seems to stick out from my outer labia (i.e. "labia majoria"). I only recently realized this when I began to trim my pubes. Also, I can feel my 'hood rubbing at times against my underwear...

So basically, does this mean it's unusually large? Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

And if you're not sure what those terms are, exactly --->
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clitoral_hood

Thanks... I hope to hear back from y'all soon.

• Advertising

Default Re: Clitoral Hood

Are you sure its not the Labia Minora?

If not...I doubt its a problem. People have variantly sized parts down there...I have a relatively normal sized clitoral hood...But barely anything in terms of a labia minora. Your hood seems to be quite large...but if it does nothing else...I wouldn't worry...and if you worry, ask your doctor.

Former Health and Development/Help and Advice Moderator
    Retired G-Mod

(Vikki)

There is a thing called a hypertrophic clitoris, but I don't think you have it. It's usually the result of using too many steroids (I've heard a famous female wrestler has it), but it can also be caused by too much testosterone when you're in the womb. It really would have to be abnormally large though, to be called that, and you'd know about it if you had one, because it'd look like a tiny penis.
    Mine is visible with my legs closed and it's not abnormally big, I haven't seen many post-puberty vaginas that aren't like that. The ones that just have like a line down the middle look like little girls to me ! I'd say if the hood is nearly a centimetre, that's verging on the hypertrophic side, but I'm no expert on these things, that's just my opinion based on average ones that I've seen before.
    Next time you go to the supermarket, fill your trolley with booze - vodka, whisky, gin, whatever you want, fill it, and just before you get to the till put in a pack of nappies. Once they've tilled it through and tell you the price, pretend like you don't have quite enough money and put the nappies back. They'll look at you like you're scum, it's brilliant.

(Becky)

My Clitoral hood sticks out too but my pubic hair covers it. My inner labia sticks out too but everyone is different some have it all tucked in while some protrude out.
    Blondie13 likes this.

(Tessa Mahone Andranov)

my hood sticks out a bit, i've seen other girls that do as well.

Even if your hood is longer than average I dont think that would be any problem as long as it doesnt annoy you that it sometimes rubs against your underwear. If your hood does bother you alot because of the rubbing, you could get it shortened surgically (a partial prepucectomy). However, I certainly wouldnt get it shortened just because it might stick out more than average. As long as your hood retracts completely and isnt causing you any medical problems, just accept it as a small part of what makes you unique.
    I made my bed and I sleep like a baby / With no regrets and I don’t mind sayin’
    It’s a sad sad story when a mother will teach her / Daughter that she ought to hate a perfect stranger
    And how in the world can the words that I said / Send somebody so over the edge
    That they’d write me a letter / Sayin’ that I better shut up and sing
    Or my life will be over?
    ~ Dixie Chicks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~Sarah

(Mary)

That is perfectly normal for a girl to have a little extra skin downstairs in different places. The first time I went to the doctor, I asked him why my private area looked different from some of the other girls I had seen after gym. He said that women's labia came in all different fasions, and that I just had a little more skin than other girls. So no, I wouldn't be worried, or mess with getting it removed.
    Don't do drugs , because they make me !

(Valerie)

my best friend shaves too and hers hekka sticks out too so i dont think its abnormal.
    xXx~Those who fear death most are those who enjoy life least.~xXx

Banned

mine sticks out too i think its normal

(Lorrie)

I'm glad to hear other girls have this too. I have an unusually large hood and it normally rubs up against my panties...which is not a bad thing...feels "nice". I get into trouble when I get what I call a "lady boner"....when I'm aroused and my clit starts to enlarge making the hood even more protruding....my clit is large too...then it becomes a little uncomfortable with everything rubbing against my underwear when my cllit swells.

me
    (Sara)

mine sticks out a bit just because of the way that my genitalia is positioned, its totally normal and i'm guessing that yours has more to do with the shape of your genitals than the size. don't worry about it, you're totally normal, you'll get used to it as time goes on.
    right now.

gov whorish hubby: phil (Ingrate)

(Michelle <3)

mine doesnt stick out cause its kinda small, but its normal dont worry
    RAWWWRR.
    <3333 Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by Lorrie View Post
    I'm glad to hear other girls have this too. I have an unusually large hood and it normally rubs up against my panties...which is not a bad thing...feels "nice". I get into trouble when I get what I call a "lady boner"....when I'm aroused and my clit starts to enlarge making the hood even more protruding....my clit is large too...then it becomes a little uncomfortable with everything rubbing against my underwear when my cllit swells.
    "Lady boner"! Never heard it called that before!
    I made my bed and I sleep like a baby / With no regrets and I don’t mind sayin’
    It’s a sad sad story when a mother will teach her / Daughter that she ought to hate a perfect stranger
    And how in the world can the words that I said / Send somebody so over the edge
    That they’d write me a letter / Sayin’ that I better shut up and sing
    Or my life will be over?
    ~ Dixie Chicks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~Sarah

(Kim)

I am the same my clit hood shows between my outer lips even when standing and legs togather, and when aroused it sticks out that bit more and rubs against ny knickers also. x
    ***BE NATURIST - BE NAKED - BE FREE***

(Kathrina)

Quote Originally Posted by kim13 View Post
    I am the same my clit hood shows between my outer lips even when standing and legs togather, and when aroused it sticks out that bit more and rubs against ny knickers also. x
    Mine the same like you Kim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast