Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Girls- when did you first learn about circumcision?

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    This question is mostly directed at girls, but if guys are able to answer (I guess this is very possible if your uncut). When did you first hear about male circumcision? What was the situation? How old were you? What were your thoughts about it when you first learned?

This is not a debate thread, there are plenty of those. So if you get the urge, go someplace else.

• Advertising

(Jen)

Default Re: Girls- when did you first learn about circumcision?

I believe the first time I encountered the term "circumcision" was in grade 8 (age 13) during sex ed class. Our text book had a sketch of a penis with foreskin and a penis without foreskin, and it was briefly glossed over, though I didn't pay much attention.

It wasn't until I began to experiment with my boyfriend (age 15) that I became any more curious about it than that. And not right when we started fooling around, but months later while we were lying around one day after the fact. I had him explain to me how his penis would look if it had been circumcised and why it is done sometimes and not othertimes (outside of religion).
    "He lay on his bed at night listening to the silver light of stars crashing against the window screen" -- Anne Carson

Words

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    I believe the first time I encountered the term "circumcision" was in grade 8 (age 13) during sex ed class. Our text book had a sketch of a penis with foreskin and a penis without foreskin, and it was briefly glossed over, though I didn't pay much attention.

It wasn't until I began to experiment with my boyfriend (age 15) that I became any more curious about it than that. And not right when we started fooling around, but months later while we were lying around one day after the fact. I had him explain to me how his penis would look if it had been circumcised and why it is done sometimes and not othertimes (outside of religion).
    Also, what did you think about it when you heard? In the slow process where you realized what it was, what did you think? for example, thinking its weird they would do that, or thinking it was what suppose to happen, or that it was healthy, or even not really thinking about it at all. Or even something else.

(Hayley)

I first heard of circumcision at my cousin's bris. When I was 1 and a half.

I'm Jewish, so I grew up knowing about it and what it implied and all that jazz. I suppose that's why it's never seemed weird to me. It wasn't until later years, of course, that I actually learned what an uncircumcised penis looks like compared to a circumcised one, but I've known about it as far back as I can remember.

(Becky)

The first time I learned about was when I had to babysit a couple boys who were circumcised. I think I was either 12 or 13 at the time. One of the boys' penis was messed up after he was circumcised and he had to get it redone. I just thought it seem unnecessary to have boys circumcised.

I first learned about it when I saw my cousin in the shower. We were around 6 years old, and I asked my mom why his penis was different than mine. She explained what it was and why it was done, but said she didn't want it to happen to me. I thought it seemed kind of dumb to cut off a piece of the penis, but I now understand the religious and cultural implications for it.

(Jen)

Quote Originally Posted by teenboy9 View Post
    Also, what did you think about it when you heard? In the slow process where you realized what it was, what did you think? for example, thinking its weird they would do that, or thinking it was what suppose to happen, or that it was healthy, or even not really thinking about it at all. Or even something else.
    As I said, when I first learned about it via a sketch in a textbook, I didn't give it a second thought.

By the time I re-encountered the issue, I was with my boyfriend who is uncircumcized. Through experience with him, I see it as unnecessary unless there is some medical reason for it, because obviously he did just fine without it being done. Because of that, I know that I would not circumcise my own children (unless of course there was some medical reason for it) because I do not associate myself with any religion that believes in it, and if my partner did fine without having it done there's no reason to feel my kids wouldn't be able to.

I never had thoughts about 'that's weird' or 'that's wrong' or anything like that. It just was what it was, people have their own beliefs and it has become engrained in their tradition. I took it for what it was and moved on to other thoughts pretty quickly.
    "He lay on his bed at night listening to the silver light of stars crashing against the window screen" -- Anne Carson

Words

I think I was in 8th grade, around age 15.
    Be a hero and adopt your next pet.

(Emily)

I had no idea about it until I found govteen. Surprisingly I should have known since I am Jewish but no one ever said a word about it. I used to see my brother when we were younger. Who knew that he had part of his penis cut off. I still don't quite get the difference. I guess I will find out when I start playing with them, LOL.

(Alex)

When i was 3 years old... when i got circumsized
    Work like you don't need the money.
    Love like you've never been hurt.
    Dance like nobody is watching.

Gov little brother - Thatsme
    Gov Best Friend - Curls
    Gov 'LOL' parents - Jaden & Yorkie (dont ask, i had no say in the matter, considering Social Services)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fantastic
    I was about to say that I know a tolerable gay guy that I don't want to fuck, but then I remembered that no, I do want to fuck him.

Quote Originally Posted by GOWFAN
    You cant control what your dreaming. One time I had a wet dream that I was fucking a pig

Quote Originally Posted by thatsme on MSN
    I like older men

Quote Originally Posted by Jaden
    If they'd kick you out for being gay or not being christian why would you want to be part of the Hitler You... Boy Scouts of America, anyway?

I was reading a simplified version of the Bible and there was something about Hannah taking a knife and circumcising her son right there in the kitchen... or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by EmIsMe View Post
    I had no idea about it until I found govteen. Surprisingly I should have known since I am Jewish but no one ever said a word about it. I used to see my brother when we were younger. Who knew that he had part of his penis cut off. I still don't quite get the difference. I guess I will find out when I start playing with them, LOL.

Clitoris= penis head Clitoral hood= foreskin
    Think of your clitoris, but imagine it bigger, longer and sticking out of your body, and your clitoral hood would be wrapped around it as a very soft, very sensitive layer of skin that protected your "clit" from scratching against stuff and stopping it from drying out.

Most boys your age can fulling pull back their foreskin, but some still cannot, and they need to have it naturally loosen a bit more before it will.

Thats the most simple way of describing it. If you want a better description, I am sure you can find one on this site, and certainly on some other part of the internet.

Now keeping what I said in your mind, with your penis like genitals. imagine the clitoral hood (foreskin) was removed. Your clit (penis head) would mostly try out, and you would develop a few layers of skin over your clit (penis head) kinda like a calus, that would "protect" the still sensitive area. That is circumcision. I hope that kinda gives you an idea of what the differences are.

Banned

South Park I believe it was

(Chris)
    Ginger Wizard Member Mr. Scientist's Avatar
    My Diary
    ( 1 )
    Album
    Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Dhampir View Post
    I was reading a simplified version of the Bible and there was something about Hannah taking a knife and circumcising her son right there in the kitchen... or something like that.
    The truly interesting part was that it was custom and Jewish law back then that made it a required part of God's plan.
    Former Philosophy and Debate/Arts and Entertainment Moderator

Come visit my diary, The Life of a Bisexual Teen!

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_a_Scientist View Post
    The truly interesting part was that it was custom and Jewish law back then that made it a required part of God's plan.
    Made what part of gods plan, having moms circumcise their sons in the kitchen? 0.o

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast