Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Doug)

Default How does a gay teen get a boyfriend?

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    Not sure if i should post this here or in the GBLT forum, but it seems to fit here the most.

So... I'm single and 14, and I've never gone out with anyone. This is mainly because I'm gay. I have no idea how I will, if ever, find someone to go out with because I only know one gay person, and he is like stereotype (sp?) gay- not really my type lol. So I don't know how to go about finding someone or anything... Anyone got any tips? Theres probably nothing I can do apart from somehow stumble across someone who I really like who is also gay, but that doesn't seem likely. Thanks
    "Fate fell short this time, your smile fades in the Summer.
    Place your hands in mine I'll leave when I wanna!
    This place was never the same again, after you came and went, how can you say you meant anything different to anyone standing alone on the street with a cigarette on the first night we met?
    Look to the past and remember your smile, and maybe tonight I can breathe for a while, I'm not in the scene, I think I've fallen asleep, but then all that it means is I'll always be dreaming of you" Feeling This - Blink 182
    Oh dear.. I'm gay.

• Advertising

(Jay)

Default Re: How does a gay teen get a boyfriend?

In my case, pure luck. I was backing a truck into a tight spot, and he came out to help- and it went from there.
    When this war is over, the Japanese language will be spoken only in hell -- Admiral Bill Halsey on December 7, 1941

"I say to our enemies: We are coming. God may have mercy on you, but we won't" -- John MCcain
    "I fear we have awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve" -- Yamamoto after Pearl Harbor

Well, unfortunately at 14 you'll have a hard time finding a boyfriend.

If you think about it, only 1 out of 10 people are gay, then that person has to have accepted he's gay (not all 14 year olds acknowledge it), then he actually has to also be out enough for you to know he's gay (once again, how many 14 year olds are out at school?), and even if you know he's gay, he's accepted being gay (bearing in mind you can get a lot of 14 year olds who just want sex and arent; attracted to guys as well) you actually have to be attracted to him and then he has to be attracted to you.

So yeah, not exactly easy, and at your age you'll be lucky for one to just drop into your lap.

So really you have three options:

Wait and see whether one does drop into your lap
    Resign yourself to a lack of boyfriend for say, another two years

OR

And i'm not recomending these by any means, and you have to be extremely cautious obviously, but you could always go on a gay youth site, make yourself a profile, see if there's anyone near to where you live and maybe start talking through him on that and then if it's going well arrange to meet up.

^^That's probably your best option if you're seriously looking for a boyfriend, but once again, i'm not overly recommending it and you do have to be cautious -from the obvious NEVER give out "private" pics etc to someone and NEVER arrange to meet someone in a place that isn't public to the making sure he's not just after sex etc- and i would suggest you go into such a thing looking to make a couple of friends and then see if a friendship develops.

(Doug)

Thanks Jaden I might give the third one a go- but where do I find a site like that? Just look on Google?
    This place was never the same again, after you came and went, how can you say you meant anything different to anyone standing alone on the street with a cigarette on the first night we met?
    Look to the past and remember your smile, and maybe tonight I can breathe for a while, I'm not in the scene, I think I've fallen asleep, but then all that it means is I'll always be dreaming of you" Feeling This - Blink 182
    Oh dear.. I'm gay.

Quote Originally Posted by DougŠ
    Thanks Jaden I might give the third one a go- but where do I find a site like that? Just look on Google?
    theres a site called gay youth uk or something like that

(Doug)

Thanks Got a link by any chance?
    Oh dear.. I'm gay.

Sex
    (dahru)

The same way a straight guy does! wait .. haha gets a girlfriend i mean.. youll find some 1 fo sho
    Once known as Viva La Drew, Miserlous
    Beep Beep, Who Got The Keys To the Jeep?

M.I.A.
    Get High Like Planes

(Edd)

How does a gay teen get a boyfriend?

come to brighton
    ~~~

www.thegyc.com

Apart from the member database thing, it also has (annoyingly slow) forums, and part of that actually includes a forum especially for finding other gay guys near you for dating/friends/whatever too.

(Once again though, just be careful on any site, NEVER give out any pics etc or too much personal info etc)

(Mark)
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DougŠ
    Thanks Got a link by any chance?
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

And all I searched was Gay Youth UK. How hard was that?!

First result.

And then on their homepage, scroll over the "Support" tab and then when the menu pops up, click Youth Groups. Go from there

Any gay youth group would be a good idea...there's a chance your school has one.

Not to mention, if you want a boyfriend, you need to let other gays know that you're interested in a boyfriend. Perhaps you should come out. And don't just date the first gay guy you meet, even if he's the only one you know of at your school. Date a guy you like.

(Doug)

Thought I'd come back to post an update aftr I've been gone for so long =P (please don't moan at me for bumping an old topic >_< )
    So, I joined GYUK back in July and now I have lots more gay friends =) I still haven't got a boyfriend, but depending on how me and this boy who lives quite close to me get on, that might change soon. Thanks for the help all those months ago! =D
    Oh dear.. I'm gay.

(Mark)
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DougŠ View Post
    Thought I'd come back to post an update aftr I've been gone for so long =P (please don't moan at me for bumping an old topic >_< )
    So, I joined GYUK back in July and now I have lots more gay friends =) I still haven't got a boyfriend, but depending on how me and this boy who lives quite close to me get on, that might change soon. Thanks for the help all those months ago! =D
    Sweet! Have you actually met any of them in person or hang out with them frequently?

And I hope you don't mind, but I feel(and did several months ago) that this is better suited in GLBM. But I wasn't a mod then

Moved to >>>GLBM>>>

(Gary)

Best Thing Ever Gay.com
    19, 6'2, 165 lbs, brown, brown

(Mark)
    Banned

As you can see if you'd read through, he's already found new friends and only came back to update us that the site really helped him.

(Doug)

I did meet one boy in person, but everythings gone all complicated and I'm not sure whats happening... I text him lots and stuff, and then last week he stopped replying, and I asked him by text yesterday if he doesn't like me for some reason, and he said no and that he just needs time to think.. So I'm starting to doubt that this is going to go any furthur.
    Oh dear.. I'm gay.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast