Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Work

Default Re: Work

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    I ended up working an hour and fifteen minutes late :/
    Josh

¡Por favor haz clic aquí por un lugar donde los miembros que saben español pueden hablar!

• Advertising

I'm working an extra 8 hours tomorrow so much fun D:
    Josh

¡Por favor haz clic aquí por un lugar donde los miembros que saben español pueden hablar!

My Diary
    ( 1 )

Quote Originally Posted by joshua.justice View Post
    I'm working an extra 8 hours tomorrow so much fun D:
    On top of a regular shift... or did they ask you to come in? If it's the former of the two, nice slave labour.

Also, I had today off and I have tomorrow off. Payday tomorrow, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan.
    Ryan: Gov is like when your grandparents see something on TV about the internet and they try to have a conversation with you about it, like "OOOOH, BILLY, ARE YOU ON THE HASHTAGS AND THE FACESPACE LIKE THE REST OF THESE YOUNGINS?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Trip View Post
    I am strictly an atheist but I call my agnostic friends 'God curious' exactly the way I'd use bi-curious. They hate that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    Who the fuck died and made you editor of Vogue?

Come by and check out The Life Of A Bisexual Teen!

They asked me to come in. By the looks of it we'll be swamped and there are only ~8 cashiers and baggers. That number will lessen as the night goes on too. And I hate you Jon. Go work! and xD yesterday was my pay day

I worked 8 and a half hours today and I work the same hours tomorrow :/ I don't like working so much D:
    Josh

My Diary
    ( 1 )

Welcome to life Josh!

I don't work today, worked yesterday a closing shift 12-9. I work 6-3 the next two days though. And tonight is my company's Christmas party. Looking forward to it.
    Ryan: Gov is like when your grandparents see something on TV about the internet and they try to have a conversation with you about it, like "OOOOH, BILLY, ARE YOU ON THE HASHTAGS AND THE FACESPACE LIKE THE REST OF THESE YOUNGINS?"
    I am strictly an atheist but I call my agnostic friends 'God curious' exactly the way I'd use bi-curious. They hate that.

Lucky Jon I wanna party. I'm suppose to be off tomorrow though I may end up working.

My Diary
    ( 1 )

Suchhhhhhhh an awesome time!

(Jenna)

I'm pissed off. On saturday I was hungover so I took it upon MYSELF to find cover because since it was self inflicted I couldn't expect anyone to do it for me. I found said cover and stayed at home in bed. To make up for not working, I help out this morning even though my face and eyes are all puffy from severe hayfever. I think get bitched at for the entire length of the shift because I left them in the lurch and left then with inexperienced staff for a very busy saturday tea rush. My boss said that one of the girls was left to cook all alone because no one else has been taught how to cook. What I don't understand is, I am the newest staff member there and they're saying they were left with INEXPERIENCED staff members? WTF. And what difference does it make? I CAN'T COOK EITHER! I would have been fucking useless too! I mean, I can cook and DO cook but I made it clear to them when I started that I was going to be front staff and I didn't want anything to do with cooking and they said that was fine.

So now I'm getting in trouble for finding my own cover who may I add, has the same experience if not MORE than I do. So what If I was hungover, If I couldn't work and found cover It would have been the same situation!

Jenna they would've had an extra body to work so that's why you got bitched at though that sucks.

(Jenna)

No they wouldn't have. Because regardless, there would have been three people on.

3+Jenna=4 people where do you get that an extra person equals the same number?

My Diary
    ( 1 )

Another 6 AM - 3 PM shift today. I tell you, I'm so exhausted I can barely move right now. Oh, and I had a customer try to pull the old "trick/confuse the cashier" thing on me today. Gave me a $50 bill for a $1.48 soda, once I had gotten all the bills ready, he was like "Oh wait, did I give you $20? No wait, actually I meant to give you $20." He hands me a... $5, asks me for his $50 back, which I did and I put the change for the $50 back and he starts talking about a local grocery store, how to get to it, while I'm putting the bills from his change of $50 back into the till (after I'd given him his $50 back) and he was like "How much you got there", then he hands me a $5 instead for the $1.48 soda. I knew what he was doing the whole time, and I wasn't having any of his shit. I gave him his $50 back, put the $48.52 back in the drawer, took the $5 and gave him $3.52 and said "You have a nice day, sir." He did all of this while asking me to give him directions to the grocery store.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Sox Rule! View Post
    Another 6 AM - 3 PM shift today. I tell you, I'm so exhausted I can barely move right now. Oh, and I had a customer try to pull the old "trick/confuse the cashier" thing on me today. Gave me a $50 bill for a $1.48 soda, once I had gotten all the bills ready, he was like "Oh wait, did I give you $20? No wait, actually I meant to give you $20." He hands me a... $5, asks me for his $50 back, which I did and I put the change for the $50 back and he starts talking about a local grocery store, how to get to it, while I'm putting the bills from his change of $50 back into the till (after I'd given him his $50 back) and he was like "How much you got there", then he hands me a $5 instead for the $1.48 soda. I knew what he was doing the whole time, and I wasn't having any of his shit. I gave him his $50 back, put the $48.52 back in the drawer, took the $5 and gave him $3.52 and said "You have a nice day, sir." He did all of this while asking me to give him directions to the grocery store.

You just had to post that didn't you. ahah mine was worse. I still remember the guy too.
    Josh

My Diary
    ( 1 )

Does it make me racist for giggling that he was black and buying a grape soda?

And Josh, I was alert and all like... ready to take on the world. And paying attention... You just messed up mayne. Shit happens, though. But I still find it funny how he tried to pull it on me and I was just like "Yeah, kay dude." and he was so disappointed.

Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast