Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tevina

Thread: I'm a terrible person.

Default I'm a terrible person.

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    So my grandma died recently and i didn't cry about it, i loved her but idk i just didn't cry, but for some reason i cry over the dumbest stuff but only my mom and step dad ever make me cry, its when theyre mad at me and thats almost the only time, anyways.. today at dinner my stepdad got mad at me twice over something dumb and for some reason i cried, idk why i just did and so my mom flips a lid screaming at me why i didn't cry at my grandma's funeral and why i cry over this like literally screaming and i was dumbfounded because i had no idea why so i just freaked out and started crying more then i stop and after they're done yelling my stepdad says. hes gonna be one of those kids who kills his parents and me angry and crazed says yep then my mom says thats not funny and i say it wasn't supposed to be and she grabs me by the hair throws me on the ground then my stepdad gets on top of me his arm over my neck my mom kicks me and i yell for him to stop and he does and then i go upstairs to see i have a bloody mouth scratches on my neck and face and then we have like a half hour discussion. I'm really about to call child services and move in with my dad.

• Advertising

(Zip)

Default Re: I'm a terrible person.

It doesn't make you a bad person by any means just because you didn't cry at your grandmothers passing. Whether you actually loved her, or not (actual love and obligatory love are two completely different things) people express grief in numerous ways.

Also by the sound of it, your stepdad might have a personality disorder (but what do I know? I'm a pineapple, not a doctor) or something to that extent, and if they're not doing anything about it, then you should.

I don't think he does but thanks.

Your parents shouldn't abuse you in that way! Spanking is okay, but getting on top of you and wounding you? That's child abuse. You need to take care of that; talk to a counselor at school or a police officer, someone who can help you. If your parents draw blood...that's not good.

Not crying at your gandma's funeral doesn't make you a bad person. Were you close to her or did you not know her that well? Sometimes it takes a long while for death to register to a person, and they may not cry simply because they're shocked or beyond feeling. Just because you did not cry doesn't mean you are heartless or uncaring. It's cruel for your parents to punish you for that when they had no idea how you felt at the time.

(Gavin)

I'm the same way about people in my family. All of my grandparents have died, I loved them all, but I never came close to crying. There in a better place right now, probably talking to all their previous friends and movie stars and such. I don't cry for anything really.

Side note: when your step-dad holds you down so your mom can kick you is around the time you call services. And its better to act now then later.

(Jimmy)
    My Diary
    ( 1 )

Not crying over your grandmother is meaningless. Grief manifests itself in different ways, and sometimes it doesn't always include crying. It's not like one is required to cry over a dead person anyway; if you and your grandmother weren't that close then so be it. Your mother and stepfather have no right to emotionally or physically abuse you over such a thing. If he touches you again, punch him in the throat. You deserve better, more understanding guardians. If you're fed up with it then go ahead and call child services.

You know what's best for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I use any word any damn way i want, if you take offence well go bugger yourself stupid and stop being so anal
    Quote Originally Posted by cicero17 View Post
    Amen, my nigger.

(Tevin)
    "A Friend" Banned

You can't completely control your emotions. As far as your Grandma. We all grieve and handle death and loss in different ways. Don't let anyone try and convince you that you didn't love or care for your grandma because you didn't cry at her death. As far as your step-dad and that situation. Call the police call social services, or child services. There is absolutely no excuse for your parents treating you that way or tying to handle things that way. Good luck to you and know you are a good and normal guy.
    Pasithea likes this.

My Diary
    ( 1 )

Does your step dad do that often, abuse you? If so, yes, call child services because you really shouldn't have to go through that. Your mom also shouldn't allow that to go on or even help for that matter. If your real dad is more respectful towards you, it's probably best to move in with him from now on. Not crying at your grandmother's funeral is not out of the ordinary and you do love her, but you just haven't felt that she's never going to be around anymore. You probably also didn't cry because you have to go through your step dad and mother's abuse, which can take an emotional turn on you.

As for speaking the truth about how you feel about them when it's just them, tread carefully because that can anger them. If they ever say anything like that, just don't reply. It's rude of them to say that, but angering them more than they should be is a bit dangerous if they team up on you like that. In any case, if you feel like you are in danger in that household, it's best to live somewhere else with people who won't abuse you in that manner.

(David)
    Agnus Dei Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pasithea View Post
    Your parents shouldn't abuse you in that way! Spanking is okay, but getting on top of you and wounding you? That's child abuse. You need to take care of that; talk to a counselor at school or a police officer, someone who can help you. If your parents draw blood...that's not good.

Not crying at your gandma's funeral doesn't make you a bad person. Were you close to her or did you not know her that well? Sometimes it takes a long while for death to register to a person, and they may not cry simply because they're shocked or beyond feeling. Just because you did not cry doesn't mean you are heartless or uncaring. It's cruel for your parents to punish you for that when they had no idea how you felt at the time.
    exactly what u said

Thread Information