Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Cure for homosexuality.

(da Silva)

Default Re: Cure for homosexuality.

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon. View Post
    Do you think there could ever possibly be a cure for homosexuality and if there existed one, would you take it?
    I'm not sure how there could be a cure, maybe some sort of hormone attacking pill or something?
    I think it would be very popular as many people feel ashamed of their sexuality and wish to be normal.
    The general consensus amongst scientists (they have plenty of facts, figures and studies) is that sexual orientation is fixed and unchangeable. It has nothing whatsoever to do with hormones, DNA or genes.
    Homosexuality is perfectly normal and natural for gay people. Hence, there is no "cure" for this. Its not a disease or anything!

Many staunch christians are ashamed of their homosexual desires and try to suppress them. There have all kinds of gay christian organisations which have tried to make gay christians into straight ones, and ALL of them have failed. Because of their religious beliefs, they absolutely reject the fact that homosexuality is perfectly normal and natural for gay people. Its only unnatural and disgusting for straight people!

So, gay people should be honest with themselves and admit that they are gay and just live a gay lifestyle and marry their gay lover.

• Advertising

(da Silva)

Quote Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
    Your language exposes your feelings on the matter - by referring to homosexuals as anything but normal, you are undermining them and who they are, indirectly implying that they are abnormal.
    His feelings on this matter have been conditioned by his religion. His religion teaches that homosexuality is an abomination in the sight of the Lord, a terrible sin with the punishment being eternal damnation in hell and a disease. His religion teaches that homosexuality is abnormal, unnatural, and against the natural order of things (meaning against God's will)!
    Its these types of religious beliefs and values (promoted by those fundamentalist and evangelical christians) that cause homophobia.
    The real problem is religion.

(Five-thirteen)

Just reading this title made me ticked off. Do you want to know how it feels to me? If the title was "Cure for heterosexuality" and it makes you mad, that's how I feel. Nobody would even try anyways, it's pointless because it isn't possible. Not even Aperture Science would go that far.

(Abel)
    Canon lover Banned
    You will never know because that is personal and I don't want pedos finding me

I'm sorry, no.
    Being not-straight myself, it's just the way I am. I don't get where you'd get the idea that most people who happen not to be straight want to be straight *shrugs*
    Sorry for my rudeness, but being bisexual myself, It's just the way I was born. It's as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    Fun fact: Iran actually adopts this position and pays for sex change operations.
    Which is really sad :/

(Robert)
    lol wut Banned

Quote Originally Posted by madgeisgod View Post
    Which is really sad :/
    The problem is worse than that. Their intolerance of homosexuality is the reason for many sex change operations. Men who find themselves to be gay are often forced to undergo sex changes.

(Zac)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon. View Post
    Do you think there could ever possibly be a cure for homosexuality and if there existed one, would you take it?
    I'm not sure how there could be a cure, maybe some sort of hormone attacking pill or something?
    I think it would be very popular as many people feel ashamed of their sexuality and wish to be normal.
    Do you think there could ever be possibly be a cure for heterosexuality and if there existed one, would you take it?

I don't feel ashamed of my sexuality, and frankly, what is normal? Kids with longer straighter darker hair than me? When I look in the mirror every day, I see a normal 17 year old HUMAN being. What do you see Simon?

(Matt)

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy2112 View Post
    Many of them do. That's not really society's choice.
    Who else's choice is it? There are no obvious lines we can't cross when we're designing the categories of medicine.

At any rate I picked the example for obvious reasons. A homosexual distressed at his homosexuality very much seems to be in a simmilar state as the mtf transexual, and insofar as we're willing to admit that the transsexual has a "disorder"- male genitalia -with "a treatment"- a sex change -then I don't see why, except for purely puerile political reasons, we can't admit that a homosexual under distress has a "disorder"- unwanted homosexual feelings -and could seek "treatment"- the end of homosexual feelings -if and when it existed.

It is ideology only that commits us to the idea that all people with homosexual desires, no matter how distressing to them, are required to embrace them and form a sexual idenity around them. It is simply the reverse of the anti-homosexual ideology, which won't admit that such embrace and acceptance is possible.
    Confused by the ToS rules? Read my summary.
    Yes, I am fully aware that I am difficult to read.

lol Hemlock

Mispelling everything since 1999

Buy me a book for my library

---

Faun’s flesh is not to us,
    Nor the saint’s vision.
    We have the press for wafer;
    Franchise for circumcision.

All men, in law, are equals.
    Free of Peἰsistratus,
    We choose a knave or an eunuch
    To rule over us.

O bright Apollo,
    τίν' άνδρα, τίν' ἥρωα, τίνα θεὸν,
    What god, man, or hero
    Shall I place a tin wreath upon!
    ~Ezra Pound, "Hugh Selwyn Mauberly"

---

Oh Mensch! Gieb Acht!
    Was spricht die tiefe Mitternacht?
    „Ich schlief, ich schlief —,
    „Aus tiefem Traum bin ich erwacht: —
    „Die Welt ist tief,
    „Und tiefer als der Tag gedacht.
    „Tief ist ihr Weh —,
    „Lust — tiefer noch als Herzeleid:
    „Weh spricht: Vergeh!
    „Doch alle Lust will Ewigkeit —,
    „—will tiefe, tiefe Ewigkeit!
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra, Chapter 59, "The Second Dance-Song"

(Zoe)

Quote Originally Posted by iwpoe View Post
    I don't believe for a second that the OP is sincere.
    why would say that and not clarify why you believe he is insincere? thx
    Have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by CiceroXVII View Post
    Do you think there ever could be a cure for Catholicism?
    This is the most amazing response ever! i LOVE it literally made my day.. its so true!
    anyway, first of all there will never be a "cure" because being gay is not a disease, its who we are.. thats like saying being straight is a disease, or liking soda is a disease.. its ridiculous.
    2nd of all, just because your gay does not mean your not normal. naturally gay people can be abnormal, but so can straight people.. a lot of people are ashamed of being gay because of people like the starter of this thread who think that being gay is evil or whatever.. makes no sense to me. however, being gay is like saying i like sauerkraut when the majority of people dont. (i dont actually that, its just an analogy). theres nothing wrong with liking sauerkraut, its just a preference
    18/M/Gay/7.75"

(Robert Bussing-Jones)

Homosexuality isn't a disease, and there is nothing wrong with it. People who HATE on homosexuals are the ones who need to be cured.
    NHSoccerjock likes this.

(Matt)

Quote Originally Posted by ZoeW View Post
    why would say that and not clarify why you believe he is insincere? thx
    I did already.
    Confused by the ToS rules? Read my summary.
    Yes, I am fully aware that I am difficult to read.

lol Hemlock

Mispelling everything since 1999

Buy me a book for my library

---

Faun’s flesh is not to us,
    Nor the saint’s vision.
    We have the press for wafer;
    Franchise for circumcision.

All men, in law, are equals.
    Free of Peἰsistratus,
    We choose a knave or an eunuch
    To rule over us.

O bright Apollo,
    τίν' άνδρα, τίν' ἥρωα, τίνα θεὸν,
    What god, man, or hero
    Shall I place a tin wreath upon!
    ~Ezra Pound, "Hugh Selwyn Mauberly"

---

Oh Mensch! Gieb Acht!
    Was spricht die tiefe Mitternacht?
    „Ich schlief, ich schlief —,
    „Aus tiefem Traum bin ich erwacht: —
    „Die Welt ist tief,
    „Und tiefer als der Tag gedacht.
    „Tief ist ihr Weh —,
    „Lust — tiefer noch als Herzeleid:
    „Weh spricht: Vergeh!
    „Doch alle Lust will Ewigkeit —,
    „—will tiefe, tiefe Ewigkeit!
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra, Chapter 59, "The Second Dance-Song"

(Zip)

Quote Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
    Your language exposes your feelings on the matter - by referring to homosexuals as anything but normal, you are undermining them and who they are, indirectly implying that they are abnormal.
    Or he's just infatuated with playing devil's advocate, and doing terribly at that as well.
    "Mr. Roark, we’re alone here. Why don’t you tell me what you think of me? In any words you wish? No one will hear us."

"But I don’t think of you."

(Joe98)
    Banned

As you're not gay, perhaps you don't understand how offensive your post is. How would you feel if I asked you if you wanted a cure for being Scottish, like it's some sort of illness? You wouldn't like it. So no, I would never take a cure for being gay, it defines who I am and who I will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy BawBaw View Post
    Or he's just infatuated with playing devil's advocate, and doing terribly at that as well.
    You seem to be obsessed with telling me I'm attempting to play devil's advocate which I'm not so sh.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe98 View Post
    As you're not gay, perhaps you don't understand how offensive your post is. How would you feel if I asked you if you wanted a cure for being Scottish, like it's some sort of illness? You wouldn't like it. So no, I would never take a cure for being gay, it defines who I am and who I will be.
    I still wouldn't find that offensive.
    "Language is the only thing worth knowing even poorly" - Kató Lomb, one of the world's first simultaneous interpreters.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast