Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Paruresis - Pee Shy

(Michael Cooper White)

Default Paruresis - Pee Shy

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    Please help! Hi. I'm a 15 year old boy. I have trouble peeing in public.
    At school I always use the stalls and the door must be locked. Sometimes I go during class and might be able to pee at the urinals only if there is no one else. Even the slightest noise will worry me. Also I usually get erections when trying to pee at the urinals.
    I have tried to pee during lunch breaks at the stalls with the door open but nothing happens.
    I have been doing this since start of primary school and would really like to fix this problem.

• Advertising

Default Re: Paruresis - Pee Shy

Quote Originally Posted by MCWhite View Post
    At school I always use the stalls and the door must be locked. Sometimes I go during class and might be able to pee at the urinals only if there is no one else. Even the slightest noise will worry me. Also I usually get erections when trying to pee at the urinals.
    I have tried to pee during lunch breaks at the stalls with the door open but nothing happens.
    I have been doing this since start of primary school and would really like to fix this problem.
    Some people find it helpful to listen to music whilst peeing, so if you have an iPod/mp3 player put your earphones in and turn the volume up so you can concentrate on the music rather than your surroundings.

Also, the sound of trickling water can also be helpful so you can always leave the taps flowing whilst you go?

There's nothing wrong with using the stalls and/or locking the door by the way!
    Current medical student - not a qualified doctor!

(Tyler)

I was a little bit up to age 11 or 12. What happened after that I have no clue. So I suppose i outgrew it or changed or became more comfortable in the situation.

So I'll say it's probably pretty common, and could be you'll eventually be cool about it.
    Tyler
    the offspring of a British father and American mother, born in the UK and living in the US.
    ------------------------I speak both languages fluently-----------------------------------------

it happens to a bunch of guys... and on the other end i know guys who will jsut whip it out in front of you be like im taking a piss... move over.... so comfort is jsut sometihng you get used to i guess
    Male 19 USA
    In a band, enjoy the Saturday Night Gigs... Enjoy the women... fun

Banned
    Album
    Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by MCWhite View Post

I can only suggest a start say here is a link to a web site

IPA - International Paruresis Association

seems there are many who have this - but just do as you feel comfortable with - be it school or other situations.

Take a look at the web site and hopefully you can relate to some of the others.

(Andrew)

The same thing happens to me I can't go if there's someone else their nothing happens.

(Shantaclause)
    My Diary
    ( 1 )

Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
    Some people find it helpful to listen to music whilst peeing, so if you have an iPod/mp3 player put your earphones in and turn the volume up so you can concentrate on the music rather than your surroundings.

Also, the sound of trickling water can also be helpful so you can always leave the taps flowing whilst you go?

There's nothing wrong with using the stalls and/or locking the door by the way!
    I'm with Avicenna. That should work
    Come To: The Dark Alley ​Also, please check out The Average Messy Desk Forum
    (The periods represent gaps in the post)
    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy1 View Post
    ok, this is really quite embarrasing. so i woke up this mornign with morning wood as usual......and, i left the laptop open for light. as i got ready to finish wanking.....then, just as i came, my mom opened my door.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka View Post
    My guess is you won't have that laptop much longer.
    ​Follow me on Twitter! @shannon_Theguy
    GovFamily:

GovUncle: Tim (Optid)
    GovFather: Ryan
    GovBrother: Ezra
    GovSisters: Mya, Sabela, and Danna
    ​John 3:17 <--- The Best Smilies

(Jon)
    Jon Member

happens to me sometimes. just concentrate on taking a piss and ignore everyone else. did the bathroom have the walls between each urinal?
    20/M/Str8/AZ

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln

(Michael Cooper White)

Thanks everyone.
    The urinals we have are the long stainless steel ones that go across the whole wall. Not the individual white ones.

(David)
    The Largest Member

At least your stalls HAVE doors >.>

(Michael Cooper White)

Now I am able to pee with the door open, but I still don't have the courage to use the urinals

I think that of you block out the negitive thoughts and worries in your head while peeing in the trough, you should be fine.

(Presten)

I'm still a little pee shy, no dividers and close quarters kind of freak me out.
    "After spending two and a half weeks in Australia, I found out that there are better countries in this world than the United States. I'm not saying that the U.S is a bad country, but it defiantly is not the best..."
    16/M/TX

Pit

For me it is not a problem but I know what you mean. I don't want to pee audibly, so I avoid to pee into the center (where the "pool" is). I don't want to pee visibly, so I turn away from the guy who is peeing near-by. But it does not block me if someone happens to see my penis or hear the stream when it hits the bowl.

(Tyler)

I like to pee loudly. It just lets guys no I'm there.
    Tyler
    the offspring of a British father and American mother, born in the UK and living in the US.
    ------------------------I speak both languages fluently-----------------------------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information