Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Does tight underwear really reduce the amount of sperm you produce?

(juice)
    Banned

Default Does tight underwear really reduce the amount of sperm you produce?

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    is this true? my friend told me this and i think he may be right. i wear tight underwear and my cum isnt white yet (im 14). This is because im not making enough sperm right?

• Advertising

Banned

Default Re: Does tight underwear really reduce the amount of sperm you produce?

You're 14, and still in the beginning stages of puberty, so your semen may not be fully 'developed' just yet. Give it some more time.

As for wearing tighter underwear, that can have an affect on sperm production, but given your age, I doubt it's really had much of an impact. Try looser-fitting underwear, like boxer-briefs, or regular boxers. But, if you want to continue to wear briefs, just make sure you're buying the correct size.

(Trip (Alex))
    No, you may not see my Member Trip's Avatar
    My Diary
    ( 1 )
    Album
    Member Photo Albums

Check out this post by optid from years ago. The Truth About Sperm Count and Underwear Type
    Atheism is to a religion as not collecting coins is to a hobby. | Illustrators Need Love Too! | Game of Thrones Spoilers Thread | My Blog: Math, Science, History...

"The universe doesn't care what you believe. The wonderful thing about science is that it doesn't ask for your faith, it just asks for your eyes." - Randall Munroe, creator of xkcd.com.

Quote Originally Posted by dwanter76 View Post
    Then.lets talk.about.germs. Thay is why.its best to.only.have sex with.one.person.in your life.

(juice)
    Banned

why does it affect sperm production tho? i dont think im in the beginning of puberty cause i am really hairy...

(Trip (Alex))
    No, you may not see my Member Trip's Avatar
    My Diary
    ( 1 )
    Album
    Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by juice View Post
    why does it affect sperm production tho? i dont think im in the beginning of puberty cause i am really hairy...
    It does not affect it, it used to be thought that the temperature difference was important but6 scientific research shows that any effect has been exaggerated. It is in that link to another post about this.
    Atheism is to a religion as not collecting coins is to a hobby. | Illustrators Need Love Too! | Game of Thrones Spoilers Thread | My Blog: Math, Science, History...

"The universe doesn't care what you believe. The wonderful thing about science is that it doesn't ask for your faith, it just asks for your eyes." - Randall Munroe, creator of xkcd.com.

Quote Originally Posted by dwanter76 View Post
    Then.lets talk.about.germs. Thay is why.its best to.only.have sex with.one.person.in your life.

(Daniel)

Apparently it does have a little affect but I don't think a large one
    18/M/Curious

(Scott)

Ur sperm just isn't developed fully yet
    chill
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Beat View Post
    "Just say no" prevents teenage pregnancy the way "Have a nice day" cures chronic depression.
    16 /Male / Gay / USA

Do what I do, wear supportive, comfortable underwear during the day, then let your balls go "free range" in bed at night. Best of both worlds.
    Retired Moderator

What about getting kicked in the nads lots
    Hi I'm bill I'm 14/male/straight

(Mark-o)

You don't produce fully matured semen because of your age, not because of your underwear.

But yes, they say that having your balls too close to your body makes them too hot and it (temporarily) makes sperm amount in semen smaller. But it supposedly goes back to normal after balls are in normal temperature for few days.

(Tevin)
    "A Friend" Banned

If your balls get too warm it will slow down and actually kill off some of the sperm cells. Thus low hanging balls. If your worried wear boxers.

(Hunter)

it has nothing to do with less sperm...if ur 14 then ur not gonna be able to shoot probably...and thats ok

(Bill)

MYTH

(Garrett)

I really doubt it lol.

We've been told the link between underwear type and sperm production does not stand up to scientific examination. The other fallacy here is that the white colour to semen is caused by sperm and that one can get an idea of his sperm count from the colour. If this was the case there would be no need to conduct a proper semen analysis in cases of infertility or to establish the effectiveness of a vasectomy.

The white colour comes from prostatic fluid, one of the two major liquid components of semen. The exact proportion of the various components and therefore the colour depends on frequency of ejaculation, length and height of arousal and the state of development of the glands concerned. Your semen is less likely to be fully white at the start of puberty.
    tsoob likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast