Default Late second growth spurt

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    Are there people who have experienced another small growth spurt in height after they had the normal pubertal growth spurt. I had my normal growth spurt, but haven't grown in height anymore in the last 2 years. I'm only 5'7. But I still look very young for my age at 19.

Since i started rather late (first signs of puberty age 14, growth spurt age 15-16) and still at 19 look really young for my age (no facial hair, no abdominal hair, i do have underarm hair and pubic hair) and am quite short (5'7), i am hoping for some more growth in height, and any information from people who grew late about their puberty is so helpful!

How much did you gain, did it happen all of a sudden, how long did it take, was there no growth for a few years and then again?

• Advertising

(stephen)

Default Re: Late second growth spurt

For me it was growth spurt at 14 along with pubic hair starting a while after that.

Then at 15/16 it seemed to slow down a bit, since, while I wasn't particularly short or anything, I seemed to get overtaken in height by quite a lot of people.

I seemed to get taller a lot during the few months before I was 17 (From around 5' 6 - 5' 8) then growth seemed to steadily continue until 20 or so. I'm around 5' 10

(David)
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ergo View Post

...am quite short (5'7), i am hoping for some more growth in height,...

How much did you gain, did it happen all of a sudden, how long did it take, was there no growth for a few years and then again?

Know what i mean being 5'7 sucks, always having to look up at some people

(Brad)

Even though you're 19, you still have time cuz puberty has been known to last until the 20s. Even if you don't grow more, 5' 7" isn't that bad. Would you rather be shorter than that?
    17/M/Gay

How tall are your parents? That's a good indicator for how tall you'll end up being.

At 19, odds are that you're done growing, but since you started puberty a little on the late side, it's possible that you'd grow a little bit more. Still, don't expect any growth at this point, and if you have some, it'll be a pleasant surprise.
    hehe
    p101 moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ergo View Post
    Are there people who have experienced another small growth spurt in height after they had the normal pubertal growth spurt. I had my normal growth spurt, but haven't grown in height anymore in the last 2 years. I'm only 5'7. But I still look very young for my age at 19.

Since i started rather late (first signs of puberty age 14, growth spurt age 15-16) and still at 19 look really young for my age (no facial hair, no abdominal hair, i do have underarm hair and pubic hair) and am quite short (5'7), i am hoping for some more growth in height, and any information from people who grew late about their puberty is so helpful!

Okay so first of all, you are kind of assuming that a growth spurt is something that everyone has. This is false: while a majority of guys and girls for that matter, will notice a time period where they experience heightened and more rapid growth, there are still people who grow throughout puberty without ever actually having a growth spurt. But to get to your situation, we can't really tell you how much you'll grow beyond 5'7" because we don't know how tall your parents are to influence your genetics. If you've got fairly short parents it's quite possible that you will not grow at all in height. As far as a happy trail or facial hair, it is also quite possible that your genes say that you are not going to be a hairy person and therefore you won't have the hair that grows in places that while common don't happen to everyone.
    I am 20-years-old. I go to college.
    past championship coverage:
    Olympics . World Cup

Birthday

My friends dad grew about 20 cm during university. It's possible
    Celebrity sighting: David Suzuki giving mouth to mouth to a choking chipmunk.

Quote Originally Posted by hehe View Post
    How tall are your parents? That's a good indicator for how tall you'll end up being.

At 19, odds are that you're done growing, but since you started puberty a little on the late side, it's possible that you'd grow a little bit more. Still, don't expect any growth at this point, and if you have some, it'll be a pleasant surprise.
    My father is 5'8.5, mom is 5'2. Brother is 5'10+

(Mark Esposito)

just remember that everyone grows at different speeds so you may not be fully done with puberty till your 30. Its just how it works. no need to be worried I doubt you'll be like that all of your life
    Quote Originally Posted by delerium View Post
    It's fine to stick your dick in crazy. Just remember to pull out before you set up shop.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamHamster View Post
    I didn't say anything and neither did he. We let our dancing do the talking ... and then we kissed. And we're still together now.

(That sounds like a really long time. It's not. I did it for fun. We've been together for 2 days) xD

20/M/USA/GAY

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen! View Post
    For me it was growth spurt at 14 along with pubic hair starting a while after that.

Then at 15/16 it seemed to slow down a bit, since, while I wasn't particularly short or anything, I seemed to get overtaken in height by quite a lot of people.

I seemed to get taller a lot during the few months before I was 17 (From around 5' 6 - 5' 8) then growth seemed to steadily continue until 20 or so. I'm around 5' 10

Hey...you said you were 5 feet 6 before you were 17...i'm a 16 years old teenage with the same height too...i think i don't have any growth spurt only normal growth but after 14 i stopped...is it true that i may have another growth spurt?!I hope i can...it would be a miracle to me...

Im 16 and 5ft 10inches and my dad is only 5ft 8 and my mum is 5ft 5-6 and my grandad is 6ft 1 but i also have a brother who is 6ft but we have different mums and his mum is 5ft 7 i was just wondering if i will possibly make it to 6ft as i am hoping for a second growth spurt i hit puberty roughly around 13 years old.. any answers?

I'm 18 and about your height, and I've grown a few more inches in the past few years. It was much more gradual than my first growth spurt, though.

Retired Administrator Nathaniel's Avatar
    My Diary
    ( 1 )

bump.