Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Circumcision and penis size

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    w/e about the spelling. anyways does circumsice effect the size of your penis? if the doctor cut off the skin too much. does it make your dick to stop growing?

• Advertising

(bRYaN)
    Banned

Default Re: Circumcision

No it's just skin im cut and im 5 1/2 long. I don't think im small not big eather. And im 16 years old

>> Boys P101 >>

The upfront answer even most knowledgeable people would give would be "no, other than the foreskin removed." But here is a little-known fact...yes, in some cases, circumcision does reduce the size of your penis. Why? Because the skin is pulled back and the erection is constricted. In most circumcised men, this is a very trivial distinction. In some cases, though, it can be an inch or more.

I can't find the study immediately, but there was one that found that the average uncircumcised man was about a quarter of an inch bigger than the average circumcised guy. That could have other explanations, of course, but this was controlled for variables of ethnicity, etc.

That having been said, the practical answer is probably "not in the good majority of cases," but it is possible and it does happen.
    "There are two things I know about white people: They love Matchbox 20, and they're terrified of curses."

Default Re: Circumcision and penis size

There is such a thing as a trapped penis, where the penis cannot become a normal size as it should thanks to so much skin taken away from a circumcision. But a normal circumcision will not affect the penis length.

Quote Originally Posted by hehe View Post
    There is such a thing as a trapped penis, where the penis cannot become a normal size as it should thanks to so much skin taken away from a circumcision. But a normal circumcision will not affect the penis length.
    Yeah, that was a better way of saying everything I did.

Very tight circumcisions (which are usually accidental, but not considered "botched") can constrict size because the penis can't expand fully. This an actually make a difference of an inch or two.

A standard, non-unlucky circumcision isn't going to reduce size. Other than the area occupied by the foreskin, of course, which is technically part of the penis.

Those tight ones bring the average for cut guys down, so on average, cut guys are somewhat smaller than uncut guys. But the median is no different (mathematically).
    "There are two things I know about white people: They love Matchbox 20, and they're terrified of curses."

Here's the citation I've been working on for a while:

An Australian survey in 1995 showed circumcised men to have erect penises an average of 8mm shorter than [uncircumcised] men.

R. D. Talarico and J. E. Jasaitis, "Concealed Penis: A Complication of Neonatal Circumcision," Journal of Urology 110 (1973): 732-733.
    8mm is about a third of an inch.

And hehe was right - the difference is due to circumcised men who suffer from concealed/trapped/constricted erections.

An Australian survey in 1995 showed circumcised men to have erect penises an average of 8mm shorter than [uncircumcised] men.

R. D. Talarico and J. E. Jasaitis, "Concealed Penis: A Complication of Neonatal Circumcision," Journal of Urology 110 (1973): 732-733.
    That's a deceiving study. They should note that if you get rid of those with trapped penises, whatever percent of cut men that may be, the average is nearly identical.

Not sure about the survey. The web site I got it from was certainly peddling its own agenda.

But most cut guys are just as big as they would have been if left intact. It's only a small, unlucky group where it matters.

I'd have much preferred to see a study on how many circumcised men are affected (if it's 1/3 of an inch averaged out, it's worth looking into) than just the average. Maybe I can find that information.

(Josh)

Generally speaking, when a person gets circumcised the penis may look slightly smaller but usually the change in length isnt that different. No matter how tight the doctor may circumcise your penis or anyones for that matter, it will never stop growing, as the penal tissue grows, the skin also grows along with that tissue and over time they will be togather in harmony

(☣)

Not unless it's been horribly, horribly botched.
    Try the Zen Pizza Parlour... they'll make you one with everything.
    You are now breathing manually.
    Psychosomatic addict insane!
    Dealer of Norwegian fish-whippings.
    "Now these points of data make a beautiful line
    And we're out of beta; we're releasing on time."

Quote Originally Posted by Kerzen View Post
    Not unless it's been horribly, horribly botched.
    Well, tightness is not really considered a "botch." Since it's kind of hard to tell from just looking at it whether it is too tight, it's not usually noticed until the kid is grown up. But, I suppose cutting off a chunk (which is VERY rare but I almost got to see in person...) would also reduce the size in a more direct way...

(This is making me all fidgety )

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    >> Boys P101 >>

The upfront answer even most knowledgeable people would give would be "no, other than the foreskin removed." But here is a little-known fact...yes, in some cases, circumcision does reduce the size of your penis. Why? Because the skin is pulled back and the erection is constricted. In most circumcised men, this is a very trivial distinction. In some cases, though, it can be an inch or more.

I can't find the study immediately, but there was one that found that the average uncircumcised man was about a quarter of an inch bigger than the average circumcised guy. That could have other explanations, of course, but this was controlled for variables of ethnicity, etc.

That having been said, the practical answer is probably "not in the good majority of cases," but it is possible and it does happen.
    LoL Bet you were happy with the results of that survey huh Dolphus? Anyways...Im circumsized and dont feel I was shorted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingrate
    Someone's getting a little over-excited about the anatomy of an erection...
    Quote Originally Posted by AstraGSI View Post
    If anybody gives me chocolate, i would make love to them
    I can wheeze on command! HA Ha heeezzzzzzzzzz Heeh heh ughha

Quote Originally Posted by MyHand'sFriend View Post
    LoL Bet you were happy with the results of that survey huh Dolphus?

Maybe I shouldn't be trying to understand things at 4 AM, but I don't know what you mean.

Banned

In some ways the circumcised penis might actually look bigger because you don't have that tapered off look that the foreskin gives it.

(☣)

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    Well, tightness is not really considered a "botch." Since it's kind of hard to tell from just looking at it whether it is too tight, it's not usually noticed until the kid is grown up. But, I suppose cutting off a chunk (which is VERY rare but I almost got to see in person...) would also reduce the size in a more direct way...

(This is making me all fidgety )
    I suppose it depends on the tightness. I mean, I'd imagine that it wouldn't actually affect length unless there was no mobility to the skin, which'd indicate some pressure on the shaft. I'd take any looseness as a sign that it's not really pulling the shaft into the body at all.

Quote Originally Posted by per111 View Post
    In some ways the circumcised penis might actually look bigger because you don't have that tapered off look that the foreskin gives it.
    I can kind of see where that's coming from, since the removal of the foreskin would make the shaft look a teensy bit narrower and, by comparison, longer. Kind of hard to do a meaningful comparison, though
    Try the Zen Pizza Parlour... they'll make you one with everything.
    You are now breathing manually.
    Psychosomatic addict insane!
    Dealer of Norwegian fish-whippings.
    "Now these points of data make a beautiful line
    And we're out of beta; we're releasing on time."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information