View RSS Feed

A Hot Dense State

Eye Contact

Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
by , Mar-11-2012 at 04:18 PM (759 Views)
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Aspergers Links

Comments

  1. Cobrastyle's Avatar
    Yes, sometimes.
  2. Trip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JaVaN
    Yes, sometimes.
    I just know a few people who try to force eye contact in a way that feels aggressive.
  3. Cobrastyle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trip
    I just know a few people who try to force eye contact in a way that feels aggressive.
    I think its more weird with strangers or people you aren't familiar with.
    Dodging eye contact never comes to mind with close family.
  4. Mitzi03's Avatar
    I can't hold direct contact for too long because of that "awkward" reason, plus I blush way too easily. Some people have caught me looking away, just to break eye contact for a while but at least I'm not just staring blankly at them the whole time. Now that would be a bit odd.
  5. Trip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JaVaN
    I think its more weird with strangers or people you aren't familiar with.
    Dodging eye contact never comes to mind with close family.
    My family knows how I am with eye contact, same for when they meet others from my aspergers support group, so for me it really only comes up at scouts or meeting strangers, or sometimes at school.
  6. Trip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitzi03
    I can't hold direct contact for too long because of that "awkward" reason, plus I blush way too easily. Some people have caught me looking away, just to break eye contact for a while but at least I'm not just staring blankly at them the whole time. Now that would be a bit odd.
    My autism behavioral counselor taught me a easy technique of looking shoulder ear forehead ear shoulder and back every 10-20 seconds. It works for most cases.
  7. kirosaka's Avatar
    you have autism to!
  8. kodie's Avatar
    If i am talking to a teacher or someone of high authority i am able to make eye contact for awhile. but when i'm just hanging with my friends i feel awkward to hold eye contact with them for a long time. it is just weird hahaha