View RSS Feed

Jacob.....Are You Gay?!?.....Yes I am!

Jacob.....Are You Gay?!?.....Yes I am!

Hey all. For those of you who don't know me... I am Jacob. I am a 19 year old guy. My life has been completely hectic in the last year with the first year of college. Also... in February of this year (2011) I officially recognized the fact that I am gay. I posted about the event with one of my friends which led to this...but yah thats how it is. So anyways let me discuss what I am gonna be writing here.

For those who don't know... I wrote a paper for my Engish 101 class entitled Gay In America: A Synthesis on Homosexuality (posted below). It addresses some of the many issues surrounding the LGBTQ Community. While doing the research to write the paper I was struggling with my own personal issues....coming out. I knew that I had to do it eventually so it was on my mind a lot at that point. Um ok kinda off topic a little bit now.....

So I am going to be writing some of my own views of some of the issues addressed in my paper along with some that aren't included in it. My blog is going to be both an outlet for my expression of some of the hidden opinions I have and a way for you guys to read about some of the issues you want to here about. I will also add some of my daily life struggles that perhaps some of you have encountered so I might benefit from any input as well. I dont want this to be a mile long so Ill stop here.... If you have any questions or would like me to discuss something in my blog feel free to comment any time.

1. Relief.....

by , Jun-29-2011 at 12:25 AM (Jacob.....Are You Gay?!?.....Yes I am!)
    Staying positive definitely payed off. I asked my dad for help....something that was honestly my last option before leaving home....Don't worry I didn't. So ya I asked my dad for help and I got a little more than I asked for....

Remember the awkward conversation that I avoided before...mhm I had to finally have it. Luckily, it really was not that bad. My dad came to me with the intention of hearing my perspective and I finally was willing to give it to him. He obviously tried to defend ...
    Tags: coming out, gay Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Life Update and a little thanks from a fan....

by , Jun-25-2011 at 09:01 PM (Jacob.....Are You Gay?!?.....Yes I am!)
    Hey everyone.... Sorry again for the delay between posts....I am finally back in Tampa after helping my mom move down from Virginia Beach. Any how life is going pretty well. Now that I am back in Tampa I am going to try to get back on my job search and use that Security + Certification to start making bank. I could use the money to pay for a car and an apartment (to avoid the whole parental problems with relationships).

Earlier this morning I received a compliment from one of the forum

Updated Aug-08-2011 at 11:28 PM by trumpeter

Tags: dating, gay Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Public Displays of Affection

by , Jun-14-2011 at 10:58 PM (Jacob.....Are You Gay?!?.....Yes I am!)
    Don't you love it when you can just be with that special someone out in public and show the whole world how much you care for each other. I mean there are some instances where even I would tell people to "get a room" but I find it adorable when couples hold each others hands or sneak a kiss in. Just a really nice sight to see people who care for each other like that.

Updated Aug-08-2011 at 11:15 PM by trumpeter

Tags: dating, gay Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Thanks for the Support So Far....

by , Jun-13-2011 at 11:07 PM (Jacob.....Are You Gay?!?.....Yes I am!)
    Wow guys!!!! I never thought I would get so much traffic through my blog. A huge shout out to those of you who have been really into it..... Will Redmon and Felixrowen.... You Guys ROCK!!!. I know it seems like all I do is complain in this thing but I am really just trying to give people a little better perspective. I promise a lot more variety in the future.....

A little life update now...... My 17 year old sister is Graduating from High School on Friday!!! So proud of her... Also ...

Updated Aug-08-2011 at 11:16 PM by trumpeter

Tags: gay Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Sooooo.....that was akward

by , Jun-10-2011 at 02:17 PM (Jacob.....Are You Gay?!?.....Yes I am!)
    Last night my Dad, who I have been living with alone for about a month now, approached me with a very, very akward conversation topic. We were just sitting watching TV and he was like, "we need to talk about your social life and this gay thing." Of course my first thought was OMG this is gonna be really akward. He proceeded to ask me a couple questions which I just had no intention of answering. Basically I told him that the conversation was too akward right now. Although, I think it will ...
    Tags: coming out, gay Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast